cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Coluor change to all users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone

My question is in regards to SAP GUI colours and themes. As we are going to introduce a new system to the corporation it will be displayed in the SAP GUI. We wish for it to be in a different colour from all the other systems when users log in or open the log-in screen. However this has to be for all users. Is there a way of doing this? What I am thinking is that there is a file on every user’s machine that has your current theme and colours set. If I could identify that file and set different colours for the new system, I then could deploy it to all the workstations and when users tried to log in to a system they desire it would have a different coulour setup.

Is there a way of doing this ?

Thanx in advance

BM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

using SAP GUI for Java, this can be done by following steps

- locally define a custom scheme in the preference panel which you want to use for your particular new system lets say "NEW" and save as e.g. "newTheme"

- connect to the new system and choose "System Scheme for ..." from the "?" menu on the very right in your session window

- in the new dialog uncheck "use Default Scheme" and choose the custom scheme you have defined in the first step

- to make this relevant for all your SAP GUI for Java users, copy the two lines from the your settings file starting with "@CustomThemeTradeshow_newTheme" and "@SystemTheme_NEW" in the central configuration file.

Then all users having configured their SAP GUI for Java to use this central configuration file will have their session windows of system "NEW" displayed with that scheme "newTheme".

For documentation about having central configuration files for SAP GUI for Java, please refer to chapter "7.1 GUI Configuration File" in the manual part of the SAP GUI for Java installation.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin