Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL Lock entry is not getting deleted/Updated

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently on Solman 7.1 SP07 and have activated CSOL & DGP functionality for the satellite systems. As per the default configuration for CSOL, the changes to same object being done in 2 different urgent corrections (UC-UC) combination is an ERROR and UC-NC combination is WARNING.

However, we have a scenario where in the lock entry is not getting deleted even after the transport from first UC is released and imported to QA and finally to PRD system also. Ideally we expect to perform the changes to the same object again once the previous changes are released in the dev system. However it is noticed that system is not allowing to make any changes even after the previous changes are moved to Production

Is this something which is standard behaviour in Solman? If yes, when will the object lock gets released.

Also, would like to get more info on DGP functinality. According to configurations, we are getting DGP messages indicating overwriting of a previous version. However, what exactly will happen if we accept/approve the DGP warning (what happens in background on ignoring the DGP). Any real time explanation on how this works will be really helpful.

Please help.

Regards,

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Imran,

When I was testing CSOL, I noticed some behaviour which may be related to your point.

When  you import a transport, but you leave the transport in the queue for later import (as is the case with the urgent correction), the CSOL lock will not disappear. This is standard behaviour. The object lock will be released when the cycle is brought to production.

Maybe some other experts can shed light on the practical solution to this behaviour.

I don't have much experience with downgrade protection, but what I understand is that when you ignore a downgrade protection warning/error, the action you are trying to do will continue (similar to unlocking a CSOL). Of course, you have to be careful then on what you do with the transport, since a potential downgrade may occur if you ignore DGP. For this reason, the DGP during an import (imminent) should preferably be an error rather than a warning.

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your inputs. However, it is noticed from my testing that, even when the Urgent correction is closed/completed (after import to PRD), then CSOL lock still exists.

Any other views/solutions from other experts. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Imran

0 Kudos

Hi.

I had this issue before. In fact, it's not an issue. ChaRM works like this for Urgent Correction only. CSOL is not updated by the time the TR reach the PRD from the urgent change document.

The CSOL is only refresh when you perform the "normal" project import (from SCMA)

Then, the TR may be transported again (as I read somewhere) ... and CSOL will be refresh accordingly as the Normal TR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes I didn't mean closed/completed, I was referring to the way you import your transport requests.

So indeed even if your urgent correction is in closed/completed the CSOL lock will still exist, as explained by Lecture below.

It will only be lifted when you perform a project import with all transports (NC+UC) in the cycle task list.

More information can be found in SAP note 1582577 and 952803

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul & Lecture,

Thanks for your helpful insights. So if my understanding is right, CSOL lock will not be deleted unless the project cycle is closed. However, we are using a seperate maintenance project for urgent anc normal changes. Also, please help if i can create one maintenance project with SAP0 and other project with SAP1 variants of tasklist.

Please help.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Did you get the solution? having same. Even for Normal Changes is imported to Production i still receiving CSOL warnings/erros...

Rg Dan

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, the only solution is to manually delete the lock from central monitor table after changes moved to PRD. As per the reply from SAP to my OSS message, this is std behaviour and the lock will get deleted only when the maintenance cycle gets closed or urgent changes are re-imported for second time with project import.

hope this helps.

Regards,

imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thanks for answer.

Undestood.

Rg Dan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran/All

Here is my situation..I have completed my urgent requests...imported the transports in to production using SCMA task list i.e project import.

Now as the import project import was completed I expected the locks in CSOL to be deleted but they have not.

I have also closed the Maintenance Cycle but the CSOL entries for the transports that belong to that project not yet deleted.

If any one has any idea on how to get this resolved please suggest.

Manually deleting the locks in not an option as it is error prone and not doable when we are talking about a project that has 100's or transports.

Thanks

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Install latest versions of this notes and please make a feedback after test.

Solman:
1646992           CSOL: lock entries are not always deleted for imported TRs
1775258           Master Note for Change Request Management 7.10, SP8

Sattellite     
1895691           CSOL: Locks are not written by Workbench Organizer 

Notes should fix your issue.

SP level?

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan

Thanks for your response. We are on 7.1 SP09 and these notes are not relevant for us.

Here is my situation -

When the maintenance cycle was closed at that time I had two type of CD's

- Some Urgent CD's were completed confirmed and closed

- Some Urgent CD's were not completed

For the CD's that are not completely closed, I see that transports are decoupled and marked under project ZProject_Decoupled_00001

For the CD's that are closed transports do not show in decouple list.

I expect the CSOL entries to be deleted for the transports that do not show up in the decoupled list as they and the CD's to which they belong are deemed to be completely done.

Thanks

Naresh