Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign Trade Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I seek your help earnestly.

Has anyone worked in Saudi Arabia on SD project?

I want to know the configuration requirements for exporting from Saudi to other countries. To what extent the Foreign Trade module can be implemented in Saudi.

When I went through the help I found that all the scenes were applicable more to USA and UK environment.

Please help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

IMG --> Sales and Distribution --> Foreign Trade/Customs -->

a. Basic Data for Foreign Trade

b. Control Foreign Trade Data in MM and SD Documents

& so on ...................

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is an SAP note available on Foreign Trade, which also give configuration steps. It was not mandatory upto SAP Version 4.7, but with effect from ECC 5, it have become mandatory incase of exports.

You wiill have to search for the note in service.sap.com by giving search term as Foreign Trade.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adiraj,

Though SAP help on foreign trade talks more about US and UK(rather EU), It doesnt mean that you cannot use the FT module for other countries. The underlying principles of export process remain the same.

As a consultant, you have to map Saudi's export policy in the foreign trade configuration.

Yes SAP helps talks about intrastat reporting which is only for EU....so just ignore that...you dont have to use everything what SAP FT have to offer...

You need to configure only those things what your client requires...

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vishal for your advice.

Can you guide me <b>step by step</b> as to what all can be maintained in the IMG settings pertaining to the exports of my customer. They are exporting to 25 countries, all by Road and Air.

Look for your valuable guidance.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adiraj,

Its impossible to guide anybody on FT config thru this forum. Its vast. What is important here is ...what are the client requirements? How are they following the process currently? What they are looking for? What you can offer thru SAP?

Vishal