Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop copying of Ship-to-Contact from header to Line-item in same contract

Gnanasambanthan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Is there a way [config-settings, BADIs. exits, enhancements, etc] to curtail, the copying of partner function from header to line-item, of a same contract. Precisely, I would like to stop the ship-to-contact given in contract header, from getting copied to contract line-item during contract creation. If not explicitly given in contract line-item, the ship-to-contact in line-item has to be blank.

Kindly help.

Thanks & Regards,

Gnanasambanthan. V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Gnanasambanthan
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestions. We have found a solution for this, for now.

The issue was with respect to contracts that were getting generated via interface [idocs are being transferred into SAP, from contracts that are being created in SFDC/ETL]. There, they give the ship-to-contact at header along with ship-to-party, they then change the ship-to-party in the item level. Now the ship-to-contact that was given in header gets copied to line-item, but it is not pertaining to the newly changed ship-to-party, in the line-item. So I was asking the above question.

But now we've suggested them to do the validation in the SFDC/ETL itself and verify during the creation of idoc, if the ship-to-contact is valid to the ship-to-party they are altering in line-item. For this we have decided to provide them a talk-back kind of table from SAP with the ship-to-party & Ship-to-contact relation details.

And hence we have resolved the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Gnanasambanthan. V

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could remove the default Ship To's from item level by coding in Sales order user exit MV45AFZZ.

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Gnanasambanthan. V

Your requirement looks bit strange. Normally by default header partner gets copy to line Item and then if user want he can change Item level data.

But in your case you want header partner to be not allow in Item, it looks like totally opposite to sap logic. In sap various  data at Item level get copy from ship to partner. I do not think SAP should allow you to keep Ship to blank.

I will suggest you  to create one default dummy ship to, and assign  to your customer master. By help of ABAPER you can make logic to have this dummy ship to party at Item partner.

If require, put block to document having such ship to, this will allow user to remove block and correct ship to data at Item level.

Hope this will solve your query.

Regards