cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input parameters in Calculation View

Former Member
0 Kudos

This discussion is about how to use the input parameters option in Calculation views. kindly discuss the various ways in which we can use the input parameters.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Your question is not very clear to me. But if you need to know where input parameters can be used, then they can be used in the Projections, In Formula calculations in Calculated columns, Currency Conversions in the Graphical view. You can use the input parameters even in script based Calc view to restrict the data.

You can search for Input Parameters in Studio F1 help and search for Input parameters. Refer to the "Creating Input Parameter" section in HANA developer Guide. You will find something as mentioned below:

You use input parameters as placeholders during currency conversion and formulas like               calculated columns in an analytic view and a calculation view. When used in formulas,               the calculation of the formula is based on the input that you provide at runtime during               data preview. In calculation view, you can additionally use these input parameters in               the script node.

You can apply input parameters in analytic and calculation views. If a calculation view               is created using an analytic view with input parameters, those input parameters are also               available in the calculation view.

Is there something specific use case that you have in mind or do you wish to know about Input parameters in general.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am facing a particular problem in implementing a certain logic using HANA views.

Now the situation is as follows :

I have two tables which i need to join based on a particular column that is present in one of the tables but is not present in the other. I thought that may be we could import the required column from the table into the view in the form of Input parameters.

Kindly let me know whether i can use input parameters in my case and also let me know if there is any suggestion from your side regarding this issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Somnath

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

Some more details will be helpful. If I understand your requirement correctly, then you need to JOIN two tables on a column which is available in Table 1, but NOT available in the other table (Table 2).

So this is what I think you can do.

1) For the view using Table 2, please add a calculated column.

2) This calculated column can be base on the Input Parameter (Use the input parameter in Expression for Calculated Column).

3) Join the views / Projections on Table 1 and Table 2 using the Column from Table 1 and Calculated Column from Table 2.

I haven't tried this personally yet, but I think it should work.

Please note that since your Calculated column is based on the input parameter, all the rows generated by the view on Table 2 will contain 1 value for the Calculated column as provided in the input parameter value.

Regards,

Ravi