cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enhance the <SAP:Stack> element size in order to get a better error decription

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have implemented some pretty nitty mapping exception texts to be added in the alerts send to my delighted buisness users.

Unfortuntly ,from SXI_MONTIOR , it seems like the size defined for the element <SAP:Stack> where the texts are , is too short

and the error message text are truncated.

1. Is there a way to view the full texts of the <SAP:Stack> in SXI_MONITOR ?
  2. Is there a way to Enhance (Like Z_ object) the <SAP:Stack> and the ALRTCATDEF CONTAINER to include the full error message?

Message was edited by: Nimrod Gisis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think directly with standard mechanishm you can get the full error trace from moni. But you can write abap to fetch the error data from moni standard tables. This might help I guess.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/PI+Monitoring+Functionality+-+Fetching+Data+from+SXMB_...

You might want to see above link and referenced links part2 and part 3

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nimrod,

I wonder if this message was truncated because of text overshooting the field length or some trace level which needs to be higher in SXMB_ADMIN. You can explore that angle as well.

For example, Category Runtime, Parameter Trace_Level is set to 3.

Ambrish

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ambrish,

Trace level don't truncate texts, but rather provide a short text version of the error.

I did set the trace level to 3 before I posted on SDN.

The full error can be sen on the trace part of he SOAP message in XI monitor

But not in the error segment which is the one used for alert category.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nimord,

IMO,the trace level are nothing but text limitations(in terms of field length) w.r.t the error text. The one used in Alert has got this text limitation and I could not find any standard way of modifying it.

I remember I have checked this in the past and could not find a standard way.

Ambrish