Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Passport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know few things about SAP Passport.

1. What is SAP Passport?

What happens when i apply for the SAP Passport

2. Where do i find the SAP Passoprt in my browser?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is SAP Passport?

The SAP Passport is a X.509 clinet certificate, which is an alternate means of authentication to the user-id and password.

what happens when i apply for SAP Certificate?

The following procedure takes place in the background when you apply for the SAP Passport:

1. Your browser generates a key pair

2. Your browser send the Public key to the SAP Trust Service Center

3. The SAP Trust Center Service checks your application and passowrd

4. The SAP Trust Center Service answers with a signed certificate, the SAP Password.

5. The SAP Passport gets installed in your browser.

Once the certificate is installed in your browsser you no longer needs a User-ID or a pwd. When you call up the SAP Service Market palce , your browser send a certificate identifying you at the browser.

Where do i find SAP Passport in my browser?

1. In the IE:

Choose Tools> internet options> click on contents > Click on Certificates.

Your SAP Passport has following entiries like "Issued to = your S-number" and "Issued by = SAP Passport CA".

2.In the Netscape.

Choose Communicator>extras>security information>click on certificates>my certificates.

Thanks

*Pls give points if find usefull.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is SAP Passport?

The SAP Passport is a X.509 clinet certificate, which is an alternate means of authentication to the user-id and password.

what happens when i apply for SAP Certificate?

The following procedure takes place in the background when you apply for the SAP Passport:

1. Your browser generates a key pair

2. Your browser send the Public key to the SAP Trust Service Center

3. The SAP Trust Center Service checks your application and passowrd

4. The SAP Trust Center Service answers with a signed certificate, the SAP Password.

5. The SAP Passport gets installed in your browser.

Once the certificate is installed in your browsser you no longer needs a User-ID or a pwd. When you call up the SAP Service Market palce , your browser send a certificate identifying you at the browser.

Where do i find SAP Passport in my browser?

1. In the IE:

Choose Tools> internet options> click on contents > Click on Certificates.

Your SAP Passport has following entiries like "Issued to = your S-number" and "Issued by = SAP Passport CA".

2.In the Netscape.

Choose Communicator>extras>security information>click on certificates>my certificates.

Thanks

*Pls give points if find usefull.

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

See <a href="https://service.sap.com/tcs">https://service.sap.com/tcs -> SAP Passports</a> for first hand information.