cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM-CoA, repack material form bulk need to refer bulk lot for printing specifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I hope I can get answer here, as I need some help from experts for the below process.

Scenario 1:

Bulk material is manufactured at site A, during GR inspection lot is created manually  89 ins type and then shipped to site B, we have done the enhancement to copy the results from site A inspection lot to Site B inspection lot. No problem here.

Then the same bulk material is repacked at receiving site(Site B) to ship to customers, now we need to print CoA where we need to pick the results from the bulk inspection lot(Site B where we copied from Site A).I know we have the option in certificate profile to choose the function module"batch from production chain" but this is not working as we received bulk material form different plant and not manufactured at same plant.

So we tried to develop custom program to pick the results from bulk inspection lot, the challenge is repacking(bulk to packed) is done by using planned order, so we can't able to trace the source batch(bulk), the issue is we cant able to trace the batch from planned orders if we know how to get the batch information linking planned order(the reason is only planned order has information of bulk material and packed material) then we can able to identify the inspection lot based on bulk material/batch and pick the results .

Scenario 2:

Bulk material is manufactured at same plant, but during GR they create manual inspection lot 89. Finally they repack it to packed material where we need to pick the results from bulk material inspection lot. The issue is again we can't use the function module in certificate profile to pick the results from production chain due to inspection type 89 which is non stock relevant and no integration with process/planned orders. I think when we identify the solution for scenario-1 then we can able to solve this too.

I really appreciate your help to throw some light on this. Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Chid.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you can't use production chain for scenario 1.  I've used this several times for the exact scenario you have.  It is a pretty much a very standard process in the chemical and pharma industry.

You should be getting the results from the batch record via the production chain, not the inspection lot.  It makes it a lot easier. Should work for both of your scenarios.

I have no idea why you can't trace to the bulk material via the order.  Aren't you confirming the bulk batch quantities against the order?  This should then reflect in the batch where used list.

If it is in the batch where used list, then you should be able to retrieve the results from the bulk batch record.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. I really thought the same way you have explained but it is not working, I read it from some other thread that if we use 89 inspection type for bulk then we cannot achieve through the "Production chain" result origin. I will explain how I tested

Took bulk material did Quality setup with inspection type 89,  created inspection plan , certificate profile then created manual inspection lot completed UD, then loaded stock in to batch cut planned order to repack, confirmed batch/qty. already I heave maintained certificate profile with result origin "form production chain" for packed material, now try to print CoA for packed material I'm getting following error message

The data for batch 000000000050000290 MX01 QM_TEST could not be printed

Message no. QC138

Please let me is this issue coz of 89 inspection type??/

In certificate profile there is material icon where i assigned bulk material to profile too and tested but same error.

Please let me know your view. Do you tried with 89 inspection type and still it worked for you??/

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. we did not use 89 inspection lots.  But then we did not use inspection lots at all.  We took all values from the batch record.  It makes it much easier.

So I would ask you)

1) Why are you using 89 inspection lots for this process?

2) Can you pull the data from the batch instead of the inspection lot?

FF