Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Upgrade from XI 3.0 to PI 7.31

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

One of our clients are planning to upgrade XI 3.0 to PI 7.31 (dual stack).  Can you please let me know various tasks expected to done by PI consultant (Developer) in this kind of projects.   Any per-requiste knowledge required before taking up SAP PI upgrade?. 

I am more interested in various activities both pre-upgrade and during upgrade and post-upgrade activities.

If you can point me to any document or link which talks about this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thank You

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

You already got the useful info what you have to do upgrading xi3.0 to pi7.31.

i will add few.

I am more interested in various activities both pre-upgrade and during upgrade and post-upgrade activities.

Refer SAP note 817920. it has many attachments check those.

these attachments explain what are the activities you have to do before and after system upgrade.

As a developer you need to do the interface testing if it is working or not. if any issues occur then developer needs to troubleshoot and make it working.

Hope this will be helpful for you.

Regards,

Muniyappan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Please find below document which gives you clear picture about prerequisites and clear idea your upgrade.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0a78af6-1977-2e10-0d81-ca7e9f81b...

Also you need to check the product availability matrix (PAM) in service marketplace..

reason being if there is any invoicing/HR existing interfaces they need to upgrade their SAP servers also..but again you need to check in PAM.

From developer point of view you need to retest the interfaces in QA environment after your QA upgrade.

Thanks and Regards,

Naveen

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagendra,

Check this document http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16247

For my own experiencie you should pay attention to:

- 1. Java Mappings and UDFs, new java virtual machine, something could fail.

- 2. Change configurations to the new object, integrated configuration object wich can increase the rendiment considerably.

- 3. Check carefully the BPM's .

Regards.