cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Consume ABAP RFC in SAP UI 5 Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am currently working on SAP UI 5 Application Development, I need to get the data from ECC System. I am using NWDS 7.31 SP05 for this development. Kindly let me know, how to consume ABAP RFC in SAP UI 5 Application. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Karthick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

I would propose two approaches you could use.

• Use SAP Java Connector (JCo) to connect from the portal to the ABAP system and make your RFC calls. Then expose the data as JSON or OData to your SAPUI5 application. For this approach you should take a look at by

• Use the SAP NW Gateway to create OData services based on the RFCs in your ABAP system, then use SAPUI5 to consume those OData services.For this 2nd option please look at

Hope this helps,
Simon

0 Kudos

Hi Karthick,

Simon is correct 100%, I would prefer the 2nd method using SAP NW Gateway.

I see the 2nd option as a more cleaner approach.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please justify why you think 2nd option is better?

No obligations but wanted to know what would be the benefits of using SAP Gateway over the first option considering the licensing and infrastructural cost involved with SAP Gateway.

Thanks,

Bhavik

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I would use SAP Gateway since it is a cleaner approach as I see it for the following reasons:

a. SAP Gateway was designed exactly for this scenario.

b. Provides better reuse of code.

c. Makes your code simpler.

d. OData is easily parsed and SAP UI5 can use it directly.

For me I would use Gateway but as I mentioned, both methods Simon mentioned are ok for use.

BR,

Saar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Srdjan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As mentioned, the standard way is using SAP NW Gateway. For the rapid prototyping with popular cloud languages, with the minimum of code, you may use also SAP Open Source RFC connectors for Python, nodejs or GO, example here.

varun_boyina
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick Vijay ,

You can refer to below link wherein I have explained how to call RFC using SAP JCO connector.

Regards,

Varun