Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31: JDBC Lookup - Sender JDBC Adapter SP Call

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario in which I need to read the contents of a flat file, get the value of first column (take for e.g., column name is MaterialNumber), call a stored procedure on remote DB which will return me another set of material numbers (say for e.g., call it, MaterialNoDB). I need to compare the values present in the file (MaterialNumber) and that is fetched from the Database (MaterialNoDB).

There is no input to the SP. I only need to call the SP which will return me the values (i.e. MaterialNoDB). I was planning to implement a MM where I will do a JDBC Lookup to fetch the values. The only confusion I have here is that should I use the JDBC Channel as Receiver or Sender for the Lookup? I was planning to use a Sender JDBC Channel since I have to call the SP and get the values from the DB but I am not sure if that would work out.

Any suggestion or guidance in this regard would be really helpful to me.

P.S.: The DB is neither a Oracle DB nor a Microsoft SQL server.

Thanks,

Arkesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> I was planning to implement a MM where I will do a JDBC Lookup to fetch the values. The only confusion I have here is that should I use the JDBC Channel as Receiver or Sender for the Lookup?

the lookup does not work with stored procedures - you can use a table there

hope that clears out a bit,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Just a quick question:

Can I use the JDBC Lookup UDF to call a Stored Procedure?

Thanks,

Arkesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

First you have to check the SP, i mean check the code for SP in that you have to check the select statement in that you have to find the which Material numbers are fetching?

Thank  You,

Vishnu Pallamreddy.

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pallamreddy,

I could not understand how the material numbers fetched from the SP is relevant to my question that I have posted here.

My question was : The only confusion I have here is that should I use the JDBC Channel as Receiver or Sender for the Lookup?

I request you to please elaborate on your statement.

Thanks,

Arkesh

vishnu_pallamreddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Sharma,

Please go through this link: http://www.riyaz.net/sap/jdbc-adapter-configuration/1200/

arkesh_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You for your time and efforts Mr. Pallamreddy. I really appreciate it.

I had gone through the link that you provided me and I am aware of everything that was mentioned in it.

Unfortunately, I was looking for something else with respect to JDBC and SPs. 

But again, thank you so much for your time and efforts. You will continue hearing from me time and again in this forum. Hope you answer more of my open queries that I have posted here in SCN.