cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description Mapping and Column Labels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am new here. I am learning HANA SP05. I understand that the description mapping has now changed to the column label.

I am creating an attribute view with the following tables: KNA1, T005T and T005U, I have attached the screenshot:

When i go to the label column field, how do i get the field description e.g. LAND1 (US) and LAND1 Description (United States)

The options i have in the column label are all other fields other than the main field e.g. for KUNNR i have  MANDT, REGIO, LAND1 and ORT01.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickey,

Please follow the below steps.

1. select join type as "Text Join"

2. Language column here should be "SPRAS1"

3.LANDX (Name) and LANDX50 (Long Name) to get the description based on LAND1 value.

4, LANDX  &  LANDX50  attributes should be exposed to output(attached screenshot    LANDX  &  LANDX50 are not exposed to the out out)

Thanks

Basha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_9643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you can simply join KNA1 with text table T005T and use LANDX (Name) and LANDX50 (Long Name) to get the description based on LAND1 value.

Thanks,

Kam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mickey,

Please select join type as "Text Join" and provide language column and description mapping property accordingly.

Language column here should be "SPRAS1" and description mapping needs to be "LANDX".

Regards,

Pankaj Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Figured it out guys, just add the description fields as attributes and select it in the column label.

E.g. add NAME1 as an attribute and chose it from the drop down menu in column label for KUNNR will give you the KUNNR description