cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

solution manager version needed for upgrade BI on NW 7.00 to BI on NW7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I wander which is solution manager version needed for upgrade BI on NW 7.00 to BI on NW7.3

is latest sp for Solman 7.0 ok?

Thank you in advance

Branko

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

For upgrade to NW 7.3 you shall need a minimum of Solman 7.0 with a minimum of SP23 .

Recommendation shall be to have Solution Manager 7.1 as SAP support for all previous Solman releases will end by Dec 2013.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Deepak

You had in mind component ST-SER SP23 right?

Solman is not my area of expertise. I know in that spot it is
used to approve download basket and at the moment at SP level
SPS 16
(04/2008) and also systems aew included in it(EWA is running).

guess in this case solution is established and download of SPS (for ERP/BI
systems)possible (only patching of that solman needed)

However maximum I can seee downloadable for Solman 7.0 is SPS 17 (08/2008) but SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 – SPS30
exists.

Is this (lasr right dowload SW
needed to be imported via XML in c:\urs\sap\trans\EPS\in or?

Kindest regards

Jan

Manas_Vincit
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

For BW 7.30 Upgrade  You require at least SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Support Package Stack 23  or Solman 7.1 Sp1 atleast . We recommend that you always update your SAP Solution Manager to the latest Support Package stack. what is current solman level in your landscpae ? you can check this by checking ST component version. 

Thanks

Manas Behra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manas thank you a lot

Indeed I can see on SMP it is possible to download SAP Solution Manager 7.0 EHP1 Support Package Stack 23.

Does that mean I uncar those packages in EPS/in and run SPAM on Solman 7.0 or is it differently

kindest regards

Jan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

You can use SPAM/SAINT to update your Solman 7.0 to 7.01, As far as I remember there's some documentation about it in SMP. In any case my recommendation is to bite the bullet and go to 7.1 you will have to do it sooner rather than later anyway.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Technically it goes to EPS parameter path (default or profile file). ensure you have enough space there. Normally we ask for additional temporary filesystem and soft link to EPS/in (after renaming original one). Once your work done switch back to original since you don't need patch files later on.

Regards,

Vikas

Answers (0)