Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAPMAP Function to Transform Value to UPPERCASE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In t-code LDAPMAP, is there a function module (linking type), I may use to transform the value into UPPERCASE?  I have tried function "SWA_STRING_TO_UPPERCASE", but I don't think it's returning a value, as running the sync program (RSLDAPSYNC_USER) returns "Warning: Data missing for field COMPANY of structure COMPANY", and is not updated.

For example:

Active Directory has an attribute for office, "physicalDeliveryOfficeName", with value "Tulsa, OK" for a user.  I think this value comes into AD from HR, and it would be difficult to change the value to UPPER.  In t-code SUCOMP, we have a company location with a key of "TULSA, OK" (This cannot be changed to lower -- SAP transforms it to UPPER when saving).  It even appears as "TULSA, OK" in table USCOMPANY.

However, as mentioned above, this isn't working.

What function module, if any, may I use to transform the AD attribute "physicalDeliveryOfficeName" in LDAPMAP to UPPERCASE?

Also, if you have any other function modules to share besides those already mentioned below (such as MAP_DEFAULT,

MAP_CONCAT_CHAR, MAP_SPLIT_CHAR, or MAP_UNION) which can be used in LDAPMAP, I'd be grateful!

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/8d/49e13b6e429a72e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks!

Shawn

1 REPLY 1

taryckbensaili
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create your own module.

Copy MAP_DEFAULT to create UPPER CASE action on both Inbound and OutBound transformation.

Taryck.