Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Adobe livecycle designer - Data binding issue

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I would like to seek your help in figuring out the issue I encountered. I copied the standard PDF form SEPA_MANDATE to tailor it based on our requirement. While modifying some contents I noticed the subform Intro containing different objects i.e. bound text objects and text field (see attached screenshot B.jpg)

The issue is, when I tried to modify this in design view, these are enclosed in curly braces, and accessible as one object when you try to click on it. I tried to search where these variables get its values but I cannot trace where. I checked the binding, it uses Use name type of binding and cannot see where the text phrases are saved... can you please advise how these objects are created? where the text is coming from?

The layout view shows the pdf when generated (screenshots of design and layout view below)

A.jpg

C.jpg

Hope to get clarification asap...for some reason, I cannot attached the jpeg files...files didn't exceed 1.0mb.

Kind regards,
Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rakesh_m2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jeff,

The fields which you are looking are floating fields.  For floating fields, you could click the field, the required field will be highlighted in 'hierarchy tab' and object properties will be displayed, where you could modify your properties.  Please let me know, if you struck in between.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jeff_broodwar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh and Xiangli,

Thanks for your inputs, I posted this thread a week ago and was able to find the answer online, it took 4 days before the moderator approved the post so it's quite late when people were able to see this.

Anyway, the floating fields didn't use binding through the object tab, but used script to store value like:

$ = ' Test '

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Jeff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Rakesh is right, those are floating field. I cannot see your attachment, do you mind to upload again?

For file size issue, may I know how you attach the image file on the form?

regards,

Xiang Li