cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run DIR API program in NWDS through Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have followed William Li blog to create a program to create SOAP communication channels in NWDS.

Is there a way i can call this program through excel button?

Pls advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anandvithal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

Yes it is possible to call the DIR API program from an excel sheet. I have done it in my previous assignments. I called the DIR API java program in the excel macro code.

All you have to do is add a button in excel sheet and link the button to the macro code in excel. Pressing alt+F11 in excel will open the macro editor window. You have to edit write the macro code in a method corresponding to the button you have added.

check below link for 2007 excelsheet

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/excel-help/add-a-button-and-assign-a-macro-to-it-in-a-worksheet-HP...

Thanks,

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand V D

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anand,

Thanks. Would it be possible to provide me some detailed steps. I was able to create a button and display some text using it. However I not sure on how to create a macro and use it to trigger DIR API code that I have written in NWDS.

Thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you develop already in NWDS, why don't you create in nwds as follows

1)  simple  web project and

2) a simple html page for the action button to call your program  and

3) Modify your program as (something like resource class or servlet class).

This web project deploy it in a web server and you can handle the communication channel via online.  I don't think you can trigger action via excel button.