cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger the alert for successful message in PI 7.31 Single java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in PI 7.31 Single java stack and currently we are getting the alert notifications whenever any error occurred(configured CBMA alerts in PI 7.31)

and same way I would like to trigger the alerts when my sender or receiver database channels(or file changes) got processed successfully. This notification need to send concerned teams. Because we have currently lot of interfaces for all of them I wanted to set up like CBMA alert mechanism.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Venu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the receiver channel is configured file adapter the easiest thing u can do is to Run Operate System Command( email script file or uuencode  or echo in unix ) after message processing . I think this will ensure that the email only goes out if the file processing was successful .

If  you configure a seperate interface with a mail adapter , there could be a case where the file processing failed and still the email would get send .

Rahul.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

To be honest, as an integrator I always try to convince the client that alert notifications or mails should only be used for failures and to treat "No news as good news".

I am not sure after a while, if the client itself would be interested in knowing about successful runs of an interface.

However, as experts rightly said, you have ways to trigger an email.

Like for a JDBC receiver, make the inbound interface synchronous which returns the number of rows updated in a table and that can be used to configure a mail receiver with standard success mail.

On sender JDBC, configure an additional mail receiver/ inbound interface to send mails.

hope it helps!

Ambrish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Client is interested notification when Payment files has been sent to Bank or not. Like same way we have for other interfaces also. and I am just looking if we can get this kind of additional option in CBMA Alert mechanization.

Regards,

Venu.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For File receiver interfaces, do multi-mapping with Mail package and run it in EOIO to make sure that email is sent after file creation.

this would all be custom design.

Hope it helps!

Ambrish

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

One option would be to use a RFC lookup inside an UDF in the message mapping and call the FM SALERT_CREATE_API to trigger the alert. Refer the blog on how to call this FM.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-...

~Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in PI 7.31 and using Single Java stack only no ABAP Stack in PI.

and also I want to get alert notification also when channels processed successfully processed from sender and receiver end.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you might want to tread on this carefully.

Imagine the number of emails that will be triggered for message flows.

Now if you still insist, there is no out of the box feature for this. Only way is to add a mail adapter and customize your scenario to have an email adapter send out emails as part of each of your interface flows.

My take on this - Not worth doing

former_member223322
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can call this RFC from the ECC system that is lntegrated with your PI and since the RFC is called inside the mapping, we can expect this alert only after the successful execution of sender channel. But if you want to trigger the alert only after the successful completion of the entire message, then I would think on using the below options.

- Calling a script that can trigger the email from Run Operating System Command After Message Processing in the receiver channel.

- To go for a NetWeaver BPM.

~Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. When important files sent to external vendor's or Banks and I would like to notify them so that Business will team will aware what is happening in those files in PI system.

My thought if this option(like check box) can add CBMA Alert itself it would be good but waiting for SAP PO Product team member advise.  Right now CBMA has lot of alert rules all those are failure cases from source to target at the same level if we can get one option for success.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick response.

Let me check this option how best across for all the interfaces, as I was looking some thing like CBMA in PI 7.31