cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lock the Line Item specification field value of VLV type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on CLM 7.0. I have a doubt to lock the line item specification value.

I have few line items in one MA and there is few fileds created in line item specification which is created using BuyerSpecGroup. My requirement is to lock one line item specification field "Item category" which is VLV  type.

I have written the logic in line item class and successfully able to lock the filed.

But in MA Line Item Tab when i select LineItem Specification view i am not able to lock the field. I have written the same logic in MA  validate script but its not working.

I have attached the code please any one help on it?

Regards

Vijay Gera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhave,

There is an extension collection in the MA for the line item specifications view. What you did may be locking the field in the Line Item Object but not the specific field in the MA. Try locking the required field in the Extension Collection of the MA.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Lopita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lopita

Thanks for reply.

I am using the same collection to lock that filed. As per the standard there are four stansdard field i.e. Line#, Part Number, Description, ID. Apart from that we have created the Line Item Specification fields under Buyer Spec Group colelction. I am trying to disable one of the line item speification field.

I had already tried to using the VLV object to lock the field but not able to as by code it is not picking the required field from collection.

Please help in that.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

The code you have written is supposed to work for the line item specifications of the MA Setup object.

For the line items to be locked in the MA Object, you need to write the same logic for the extension fields in the MA object.

Your code does not work is because of the reason that the class ids of MA Setup object and MA object are different.

To know the extension field names of the Line Item Specs in the MA object, go to the required tab and click on reference guide. You can get the extension field names to be locked.

Then try locking those fields.

This should work. Please let me know.

Regards,

Lopita