Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap look up not working

former_member723031
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a file to soap scenario used soap look up for some fields. These fields are mandatory at target. Messages showing processed successfully from PI. But user saying that they have not received any data. In the payload the look up fields are not coming.But others are populated and message processed successfully.

Is the issue with soap look up or target url. While clicking on target url getting - GET not supported error but it is working with SOAP UI.

Please reply .

thanks,

Swapnashree

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the web service is implemented to support only post method and if you pass as query in a browser, it will not support your GET operation. That makes sense.   Here you use two times soap call one via soap lookup and other at the target URL.    Please check the following.

If possible test soap lookup operation just using soapui and see what do you see...  How do you handle if the soap lookup call fails in the mapping?  First map the data to the target structure fields only if you are successful with soap lookup. It is hard to monitor UDF soap lookup call. 

former_member723031
Participant
0 Kudos

can you tell how to test only look up through soap ui .. I have never used soap ui before

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nayak,

The step by step guide with soapui http://www.soapui.org/Getting-Started/your-first-soapui-project.html

Regards.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you doing a SOAP look up through the UDF ?

Have you followed the blog below?

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2006/11/20/webservice-calls-from-a-user-defi...

Ambrish

former_member723031
Participant
0 Kudos

yes.. i am doing soap look up through UDF.. and gone through the blog..

Where could be the error if message showing processed sucess in PI but user saying they are not getting data..