cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Part with ECCN getting "not fully classified" error

0 Kudos

Our company just went through a large change over with our EAR implementation based on lessons learned, and we are having a few issues with incorrect blocks.  We moved from Legal Regulation EAR to our new implementation EARUS using the original numbering scheme as to not have to move the Export Control numbers over.  However, some parts are being blocked for "Part not fully classified for Legal Regulation EARUS".  Traditionally, this error meant that the part did not have an ECN assigned or had a validity date issue.  We are getting none of these.  We have tried deleting data for the parts and replacing the same ECN.  We have tried pushing all of the parts and sales documents from ECC to GTS.  Nothing is working. 

It does appear as though we can change the ECN to another number, and the error goes away.  But, we can no longer use the original ECN without having this missing ECN issue.  Has anyone experienced such an error or have an idea of another possible solution we can try?

Thanks,

Ben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I answered my own question.  It appears as though the validity date for the numbering scheme against this legal regulation was set to April 2013 which was when the change was developed.  All orders created before this date could not have their ECNs validated.  All recent orders had no issues.  I hope this helps someone in the future.