Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIORI Prerequisites

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have gone through the installation guide of FIORI but still wopndering about the significance of ESS/MSS in FIORI Implementation.

Say we have CATS application for Time sheet approval & leave appproval process through which we right the data into the CATS DB & then it flows to the front end Mobile application.

In FIORI do i need to follow the same process of maintaining all the request & approval in the ECC 6.0 back end system & make all the configuration according to that so that all the info will flow to FIORI app.

I am just wondering about the Pay Stub & Benifits because we have CATS  to capture the Leave & Time Related data....but the payroll related data is saved in the infotypes or in the payresults.

What is the significance of ESS/MSS do i need to have this as a prerequisites to run FIORI....Please provide some inputs.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh & Srikant,

Does FIORI leave request configuration & the way we do the configuration for Leave Types & ESS/MSS are same,

I mean For FIORI also do i need to maintain V_T554S_WEB.& feature WEBMO.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You need to maintain leave types , webmo for fiori also.

Regards

S.Srikanth

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guies anyupdate on the same.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks you very much for the effort, but i have almost gone through all the links & docs.

The coustomization looks good, even the task is maintained as General Task.

I have copied the workflow , so the task 12300097 is also copied & attached  to the workflow, i have marked the task as general task & activated it.

Should i use the standard workflow, but that has an issues, i am looking forward to useAGENT S  USER & by default standad system is kept as Agent-Expression,  &Agent_0001.Agents& , so i did not made any changes.

Can you please tell me what is the selection to be done in  V_t554s_web.

Still not able to trigger the work flow.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained Define workflow scenario in Gateway system and assigned roles related to the app to the user and Manager.

Please do check once again and let me know.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technical Pre-Requisites for the Back-End/Server

• SAP ERP 6.0 SPS 15 and above

o 6.0 EnhP2 SPS 05 and above

o 6.0 EnhP3 SPS 05 and above

o 6.0 EnhP4 SPS 06 and above

o 6.0 EnhP5 SPS 03 and above

o 6.0 EnhP6 SPS 01 and above

• SAP NetWeaver Gateway 2.0 SPS 06

Gateway Add-On IW_BEP 200 + SAP Notes 1799722, 1805831 (Required for SAP ERP

systems using SAP NetWeaver 7.31 and below. For more information, see:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp06/helpdata/en/76/08828d832e4aa78748e9f82204a864/content.htm

• SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.00 SPS21 and above + SAP Notes: 1774246, Prerequisite Notes:

1799549, 1805986, 1754533, 1809628

• SAP SRM 7.0 SPS02 except for My Shopping Cart which requires SAP SRM 7.0 SPS11

• SAP NetWeaver UI Add-On

You can also find more information about FIORI prerequisites and installation in the below mentioned link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c09bea9c-359d-3010-3086-ce1577116...

Regards,

Santhosh

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Thanks a lot, till now i have been tring to check the workflow in R3, I will certainly do it in GW & check

I have made the Rule group, assigned the work flow-12300111 to the leave type  & tried running PTARQ but system is throwing an -

Error no document created hrtim_abs_req 022 unable to
send the request

I have maintioned the Approver as well, i have made an copy of the standard workflow & have attched the same tsk but not activated the standard workflow.

Eevn in SAP inbox there is no notification ??

Can you please guide  a bit???

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you set the task as General task.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great input srikant,

Thanks a ton, well i am aware that to use the workflow we have to maintain it in the V_t554s_web along withn the leave type.

But FIORI i am just wondering where to assign the Work Flow.

I mean for CATS we assign the workflow in the data entry profile details,

For ESS/MSS V_t554s_web along withn the leave type, like wise what is the process for FIORI.

I have the leave type, the employees in place even the workflow 12300111-task 12300097.

Currently tring to understand if i could trigger this WF & check the accuracy but without ESS/MSS as been asked to, i mean in CATS we can trigger the workflow which goes to the SAP inbox & there we can check the leave request, similary can i check this in R3.

If you could put up some more information that will be great.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Fiori, you need to go to Gateway and have to maintain the Task Definition Id created for Leave request (Std/Custom) in Define Workflow Scenario.

SAP NetWeaver ->Gateway Service Enablement ->Content ->Task Gateway Service ->Scenario Definition.

This also you can check it in SAP inbox to check WF is triggered. For approval, you have a separate app (Approve Leave request)

Regards,

S.Srikanth

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

The workflows maintioned in the guide, i think are to be assigned V_t554s_web, if i am not mistaken,please correct me if i am wrong.

For FIORI where the workflow is to be assigned, I mean from where in R3 the FIORI App reads the data.

Please guide.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate the workflows in the ECC system and need to maintain “Define a Workflow scenario” in Gateway system.

Is your ECC & Gateway are in same system or separate one ? Activating the workflows in ECC are general, as how you do if you have ESS/MSS. But, also you need to maintain the “Define a Workflow scenario” to make it work.

The FIORI apps reads the data from ECC through Gateway system on a Trusted relationship. For the security purpose, the Gateway acts as a middle ware and either sends or receives the data from ECC.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

Suppose we dont have scope for ESS/MSS & we want to trigger workflow which can be captured for FIORI Mob App, is this possible???

I mean the Task mentioned in the Installation guide & their subsequent workflows are specifically used for ESS/MSS(Leave & approval) i believe & these can not be used in case of CATS.

So if a client doesnt have ESS/MSS & manages the approval through accessing the requests in its SAP Inbox through trigerring notifications by workflows, then how to go forward with this kind of situation????

Looking forward to some input from your end.

former_member213263
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Do we need ESS/MSS to be installed as a prerequisite for running all the HR approval Apps.

Regards

Ankit

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

ESS/MSS is not a prerequisite for running the HR approval apps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes. HR applications should be up and running without Fiori.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa thanks for the update,

Do we need ESS/MSS to be installed as a prerequisite for running all the Mob.Apps.

Like Pay stub & Benifits,Time sheets etc & for the approvals.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you are talking about add-on components installation.

Prerequisite should be SAP_HR and EA-HR. EA-HR_MSS is not required.

former_member223824
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I am not clear about Add-ons. what are they????

I want to know if a company has HR implemented & we need to implement the request applications , approval appilcations then what are the prerequisites.

It may happen that the client has ESS/MSS & the client may not have ESS./MSS.

In both the cases what are the prerequisites to be in place.