cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sold to party not editable in create mode of sales order (created with ref to quot)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In our present system,  we are creating a quotation . After that we are creating a SO(sales order) with ref to quotation .The moment we are in create SO screen (after clicking on create with ref  to ) , the sold to party is getting copied from quot. But the sold to party  in sales order create screen remains in non editbale mode. Also in header partners tab, the sold to party is not editable !

I have checked the partner determination settings for sales document header. The partner procedure is ZA for our sales document type ZMOD. Partner function   SP  entry exists with a check on the field, "non modifiable " and an  "X" (user exit )in "origin" field. I thought since  the config is"non modifiable ", system is showing sold to party in SO create screen as un-editable !

so  i deleted the entry of partner function SP from ZA partner procedure. Iam adding a new entry for SP with field "not modifiable" not checked. But when iam saving the config, the system is automatically marking it as "not modifiable ".

My question is,

1) is the above behaviour of making partner function auto "non modifible " when saving the config a standard sap behaviour.

2) if the above is standard, where can we code to make the sold to party field in create SO screen(when created with ref to quot ) as editable ?

3) I think adding "X" indicator in  "origin" field in  partner determination procedure for SP partner fucntion will not have any effect on checking/unchcking "not modifiable " option. I mean  i think the value of X is  not controlling whether the  "not modifiable" option for SP partner function is to be checked or unchecked when saving the config !

regards

Pamela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) is the above behaviour of making partner function auto "non modifible " when saving the config a standard sap behaviour.

yes its a SAP standard behavior

2) if the above is standard, where can we code to make the sold to party field in create SO screen(when created with ref to quot ) as editable ?

created QT with customer Ex:300300 now you want to refer the same QT to Order with different customer ...yes its possible.

Maintain copying requirement-"2 Header diff customer" in copy control VTAA for QT and OR

then create sales order with reference to QT

before create sales order just fallow these screen shots

after providing the sales area data click on "Sales" button

enter sold to party which you want to create,then click on "sale document" in menu bar choose

"create with Reference"

it will open reference screen enter QT number then click on copy button

it will throw warning message like below

press enter ,automatically  copy QT data in to sales order.

save it.

3) I think adding "X" indicator in  "origin" field in  partner determination procedure for SP partner fucntion will not have any effect on checking/unchcking "not modifiable " option. I mean  i think the value of X is  not controlling whether the  "not modifiable" option for SP partner function is to be checked or unchecked when saving the config !

for Sales document creation "origin" should be blank as per SAP standard

Hope above explanation will be useful to you.

any further clarification please revert.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear krishna good explnation

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Really good one.Keep it up.

Thanks,

Suman$

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA,

Well explained! Thank you!

One question - In the first screenshot, you instruct to click on the button "Sales".

If the user presses enter, then too he/she shall go in to the overview screen of the sales order creation.

Thus, any special reason to click on button "Sales"?

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suman & TW

Thank you very much for your comments.

@TW

any special reason to click on button "Sales"?

yes. definitely there is a reason behind it.

when ever we want to create sales order with reference to preceding document will use the "Create with reference" button then automatically sold to party will copy from preceding document to sales order and it's been in non editable mode.

As per requirement  need to change the sold to party  in to editable mode here,so if we choose any one of the button  "SALES"/"ITEM OVER VIEW"/"ORDERING PARTY" then sold to party will not copy in to the sales order from preceding document.

I have chosen "Sales" but we can choose any of the button apart from "Create with reference"

I hope clarified you question.

Regards,

Krishna

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KRISHNA,

Probably my post was not clear!

The requirement (as you said) is, go to VA01:

Step1: to give a different SP in the sales order

Step2: to reference the quotation (information from QT shall flow to the OR)

By step 1, the user can give a different SP, than that mentioned in the quotation.

My question is below:

Step1

any one of the button  "SALES"/"ITEM OVER VIEW"/"ORDERING PARTY"

Can the user press Enter? (instead of the above mentioned buttons)

former_member204407
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

In Step1:after enter the organisational details like Document type /Sales org/Dist chnl/Division

user  has to "click" any one of the button "SALES"/"ITEM OVER VIEW"/"ORDERING PARTY"

then it will redirect "automatically"(no need to enter) to inside the sale order with blank details.

like below mentioned

enter desired "Sold to party" number manually

then select in menu bar "Sales document" choose "create with ref" option

give quotation number, "click" on copy button automatically quotation data will be copied in to sales order.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have some doubts on this.

The same thing I am trying in IDES and not on the main client. However not able to succeed. As you said that once we are on the order screen, we can copy quotation and then we can skip warning, however I am getting error and not warning. Secondly, I have tried with copy control also and still it is not working. Thirdly, in partner determination procedurefor sales header when I am trying to modify my partner function which is assigned to sales document TA, the non modifiable tab is grayed out. I can't edit that. What can be the possible reasons? I know , have asked a lot of questions but tried everything what ever was possible.
Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

if you want to change or edit sold to party id during creating so in reference quotation order, i think Siva Vasireddy suggesstion is right. go to VTAA  and remove the + symbol

i think it will solve your issue.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Md.,

go to VTAA  and remove the + symbol

+ (or -) symbol has to do with quantity (quantity of target and remaining quantity of source documents) . For more details, please read the F1 Help for this field.

This field has no relation with partner (SP etc.).

For this requirement of having different SP, check in VTFAA, at Header level, field Copying requirements.

This has been already pointed out by Siva and Jelena.

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi T W,

go to VTAA  and remove the + symbol in item details.

i already tested it my testing client. it is working for SO sold to party enable and disable in reference of quotation.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please be aware that this was posted as a discussion, not a question (I always look at open questions only and stumbled upon this by accident).

We use a generic 'one time' customer in some quotations that get replaced with the "real" customer when sales order is created. To achieve that in the copy control from quotation to order the standard copy routine (002) needs to be replaced with a custom one (9... number):

For the custom routine (ABAP required) just copy the standard one (002) and comment out the piece that checks if the partners are the same.

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Few inputs from my side:

Through SAP configuration, its very much possible to create sales order (with different customer) with reference to quotation. Thats the flexibility offered by SAP.

However in actual business process, we should create sales order with reference to quotation of the same customer. Exercising above process will create unnecessary discrepancies in the system. Same can be seen in the document flow.

More over it will create confusions in reporting patterns like quotation conversion rate or quotation maturity rate.

Regards,

Balaji

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena, Pamela,

In addition to changing the SP, are other partners also changed? (e.g. SH, PY, BP)

If yes, then in VTAA, not only copy requirements at header level, but also copying requirements at item level have to be modified accordingly (in other words new routines with the needed logic should be incorporated)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@TW - SH and other partners are just determined when "real" Sold-to is entered in the order. We had to implement this because at one of our companies they do large number of quotations, but majority of those quotations never get converted to the orders. So setting up a customer for every quotation would be burdensome and unnecessary.

It's possible that some other configuration changes are needed. I was only involved in making additional changes for that company. Our "starting point" could've been different than for others.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena,

Unfortunately, some of your comments are not clear to me!

1. In case of "unreal" customers, during the creation of quotations; did the quotations not have any other partners apart from SP? (like no SH, PY, BP etc.)

If so, then I guess this was handled by the partner procedure which were assigned to Quotation sales doc types.

2. "they do large number of quotations, but majority of those quotations never get converted to the orders. So setting up a customer for every quotation would be burdensome and unnecessary."

How does the user know which "real" customer to input in the sales order (for a particular quotation)?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

T W wrote:

1. In case of "unreal" customers, during the creation of quotations; did the quotations not have any other partners apart from SP? (like no SH, PY, BP etc.)

Quotation does have all the mandatory partner types, they are all the same (one time) account number. When the order is entered, there is a little trick I almost forgot about. You have go to VA01, enter order type, etc., then on the next screen enter Sold-to and all the partners will be determined from it (Ship-to may also be entered at the same time). And only then do 'Create with reference' (through the menu), which brings the rest of the data from quotation. I'm guessing that's where confusion might be because if you try 'Create with reference' on the first screen then yes - Sold-to cannot be edited. So technically we're not editing Sold-to, we're just allowing the reference order to have a different Sold-to. Good question - thanks!

T W wrote:

How does the user know which "real" customer to input in the sales order (for a particular quotation)?

They enter the name/address in the quotation. The one time account number is used only when no "real" customer exists, so if an order needs to be entered, then a new Sold-to account needs to be created.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to check the copy controls under VTAA the + symbol need to be removed

Also check if you have Marked Complete reference at Header level.

former_member184881
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a question logicaly it is posible? You created a quotation or delivery order conformation for customer X. can any other take sales order fom this quotation or delivery order confirmaiton?

for example:

quotation 1 is created for customer X, logicaly customer X only authorized for quoation 1. no other customer should not authorize for this quotation. if any body want any delivery he will take new quotation under his sold to party address.

so you created quotation 1 under customer X, how is it possible deliver to it Y? so, which sales order created under quotation, that sales order sold to party always should be quotation order's sold to party. if you give this quotation 1 delivery to another persons then you need to change sold to party in quotation order.

i think this is an standard process, what ever SAP maintian that.

thanks

Md. Enayet Hossain

suman_sardar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossain,

I agree with your point but think like an organization where a Sales person has created a Quotation for a Customer but after a long follow up that is not been matured and fortunately that price is ok with another customer.

Now see, he will again have to redo the process again in the system which I personally feels not feasible(irritating) why don't a solution like this can help him to reduce his work.

But definitely it is the decision of the organization how they will see it in their sales activity.

My point is that if they want a solution like this why not provide them which is very possible and I do not think there is any complicity.

Want your views in this regard.

Thanks,

Suman$