Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM - cycle independend change documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Support Communitee,

I work with Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 CHARM and have the following question:

Is it possible to create change documents (i.e. SMHF) for daily transports, which can be linked to a maintenance cycle (i.e. SMMN) and which is independent of the cycle phase?

Reason:

I would like to transport daily changes to production with the task "/TMWFLOW/SCMA_TRORDER_IMPORT".

However this can only be done with the parent maintenance cycle has the Going-Live phase.

In the phase Going-Live, no new transports can be linked to the maintenance cycle.

Regarding the latest CHARM documentation "all" CHARM transaction types are cycle dependent, but I would like to have a simple exception.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Wouter Huiberts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wouter,

Ignacio is right in stating that the SMHF can be handled independently of the cycles phases, with the expection of Go-live, where it is not possible anymore to create and handle the SMHF.

To handle the import of the SMHF, you need to make sure you select the task list linked to the SMHF rather than the cycle. SMHF's have a separate task list, which enables the independent import of these documents.

former_member188977
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SMHF need a cycle, but is not important with phase is in.

this is the main diference between Urgent an Normal corrections.

In order to import by schedule you can use an import job.

Regards,

Ignacio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ignacio,

Thanks for the advise, but since the latest general CHARM notes this not default behavior anymore!

I figured out yesterday that after implementing the most recent general CHARM note, Urgent Changes of transaction type SMHF do get phase dependent by the parent maintenance cycle.

This is caused by a new customizing which decided wether an urgent change SMHF, should be linked to a phase controlled maintenance cycle SMMN, or an alternative non-phase controlled maintenance cycle SMMM .

Specific customizing actions are required to change these settings.

Regards,

Wouter