cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Approver determine in SRM system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Kindly let me know how approver is determine in SRM?

Thanks,

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

An approver of any document is determined by the Workflow that is configured in your system for that particular document type.

Depending on your system's version and business requirements, you can define either application controlled workflow or process controlled workflow. Get in touch with your workflow consultant for more details.

Regards,

Karthik Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Just want to know if we can check approver detail for particular org unit.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

As I already said, that is configured in your workflow. It could be based on org unit, item's category, cost center, line manager etc..,

Let me know what type of workflow (application controlled workflow or process controlled workflow) is configured for your system, I'll help you in how to identify the approver from the workflow.

PS: pls say thanks, sdn way if this helps.

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Currently we are into application control workflow. Just for my info, Can you also tell how to identifiy approver in Process controlled workfow.

Thanks,

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

use FM - BBP_OM_STRUC_GET_MGR_FROM_ORG for finding the approver of a Org unit.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

The determination of an approver depends on the business rule defined.

Rule can be like,

Standard fixed user,

Org manager or line manager,

Cost center manager,

category manager etc.,

PFB the link for the detailed guide of process controlled workflow.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b050e10c-8a29-3010-6a89-f504fa830...

note: Once you configure process controlled workflow and create documents, you'll not be able to revert the system back to application controlled workflow.

Regards,

Karthik Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for the above details. Can you also explain the configuration for Application controlled workflow?

Thanks,

Sunil

Answers (0)