cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage hidden screen elements in Personas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on simplifying some complicated SAPgui transactions and find I'm hiding a lot of screen elements. My current project is the Create PO transaction, ME21N. That has several ScrollableContainer elements that hold the header, line and item details, for example. For what I'm trying to achieve, I've found it best to move the elements I want out of these containers and hide the container. That does clutter things up when trying to lay out the remaining fields so I've developed a habit of moving the hidden objects off to the far right out of the way. That works really well until I decide I need one of the elements I've hidden and I need to go and find it again!

Are there are tips for making this process easier, beyond "remember where you put stuff"? I guess I should be more structured and careful about where I move the hidden elements, but I wonder if there are any tricks for finding hidden objects?

Thanks,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TobiasQueck
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

You are describing a problem that I also run into in the past and I have developed a slightly different approach.

On screens that have many stacked containers, the first thing I do is removing the containers (select a container and click the ungroup button). Next, I multi-select all elements that I want to hide but instead of hiding them, I group them. Finally, I select the group an hide it. If I decide later that I need a hidden element back, I just temporarily show the hidden group and move the needed element out of the group.

Independent of my approach, to show all hidden elements, you need to press the "Make all hidden elemenst visible while editing" button on the right side-bar. You will see all controls but they will be automatically be hidden again when you leave edit-mode.

Cheers,
Tobias.

Answers (0)