cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Userwise Plant access

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using SAP ECC 5.0   How I can do this through basis ? 

I want my each user should access only limited plant data for all SD report.  For that I created a userwise role and assigned to respective user. After that  in a role I given transaction codes to be allowed and mentioned plant and sales office in organisation data, but when I logging into particular user and run report it shows all plant data.  I tried this for VA05 but it shows all plant data.

Is there any way through which user can access all reports belongs to his plant only ?  OR I have to mentioned transaction codes in authorization ?

Can anybody will help me in this .

regards

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Creating a Z object and assign any standard transaction in SU22 wont work as I faced the same problem once and I had tested this all. I had to delete authorization of some users to view cost price in MB51 and I did a lot of R&D on that but nothing found. There are following options which you can do in your case as this is similiar to my case.

Try to debug the report VA05 or VA05N whichever you want to restrict. Find the triggring point where system writes ALV report. If there is option available to implement implicit enhancement then add authority check code here and give some error or hide that coloumn which you dont want users to view. This is what I did with MB51 and luckily I found all that I have explained above.

2nd option is to create your own report in query and add authority check logic which your ABAPER must know as this is very common.

As per my knowledge Z objects won't work without authority check logic in any transaction either it is application or report.

If you need more assistance please let me know.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want all standard SAP SD reports should be restricted for users to the respective plant using basis authorisation or through any authorisation object.   Debuging each program or writing z programs for all standard programs is not suitable for me.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin

To the best of my knowledge we can not add authorization object in any standard report like this. You have only options which I have mentioned above. In SD we can restrict based on sale area. Plant is always checked in MM or may be in PP reports. If you want to add plant as a check creteria in SD then you have to go for customization.This is my personel opinion only. Do some R&D and study blogs and threads and then update here if you get some other solution or idea regarding this.

I had to add Material group MATKL as check creteria in all reports but I was not able to do this so I made a comprehensive report in query and added authority check logic there.

See what is suitable for you. But do update the thread as this will be helpful for others.

Thank$

od_manikandan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Nitin,

Use T code : SU24

To find the authorisation objects used in a T CODE and check the values for the objects

or Use TCODE ST01 put a trace for the customer and run the report. It gives all the object with values.

You can then remove the * authorisation.

Regards,

OD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear OD Manikandan

Frowm where I have to remove * authorisation please specify.  I alredy explained entire scenario in my last mail in response to Mr.Shiva.

regards

Nitin

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if you can restirct through the values Updated in the Organizational Structure in the Role

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plant Values are mentioned in PFCG - Authorization tab - Change Authorization data  - organisational level  for the respective role but when i run report logging from particular user it shows all plant data instead of specified.

regards

Nitin

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then you need to check all the Objects in the specific roles may be Star is Updaed in some Objects

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had newly created role and in that I had given assigned only two t-codes i.e.

VA05 and ZR1

For ZR1 there is no object since its Z object. 

For SAP standard tcode VA05 already two objects are coming by default

V_VBAK_AAT

V_VBAK_VKO

but in that plant (WERKS) field is not there, so I created one 'Z' object (SU21) and assigned to VA05 in SU22 and the same object manually assigned in the newly created role and in that also I mentioned respective plant which I mentioned in the organisation level plant field.  In default object  plant is not there and I had not touched there values in PFCG, there star (*) is assigned for Division (SPART),Dist.channel (VTWEG),Sales doc type (AUART)

But when I logged in to the respective user it shows all plant data instead of respective plant.

Please let me know why its not showing required results.

regards

Nitin