cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Proxy is capable of sending Attachments in .CSV files ZIP format?

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to send the data which contains .csv files in zip format to HTTP_AAE using POST method.

I am suggesting my client to use PROXY at ECC end. Is proxy is capable of sending .csv files in zip format as an attachment.

I need your valuable inputs. 

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to the poster above, the mimetype for zip files should be C_MIMETYPE_ZIP for the Interface IF_AI_ATTACHMENT.

Hope this helps,

Mark

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the response. Where i need to add mimetype for zip files should be C_MIMETYPE_ZIP for the Interface IF_AI_ATTACHMENT. parameter ?

In ECC or PI?

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Pavan,

You need to change it on the code provide by Phani.

Regards,

Mark

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

How i need to deign my PI objects?

my actual requirement is need pick to post .csv files data in zip format form Network shared directory and post  to HTTP_AAE adapter using POST method.

As far as i know we can't post .csv zip format data using HTTP adapter.

i am planning post the data as an attachment using HTTP_AAE adapter.

Do i need to use java mapping to send whole payload as an attachment to HTTP_AAE.

I need your valuable suggestions to achieve my scenario end to end.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

In your proxy code, you can zip the file first and then follow Michal's approach to send the attachment through proxy.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Zip+any+file+via+ABAP+using+CL_ABAP_ZIP

Ambrish

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ambrish,

Thanks for the reply. My actual requirement is I need send the entire data as attachment to the HTTP_AAE.

I have Few queries in my mind

1) Using Proxy can we send entire data  as an attachment?

2) for Proxy side i am going to use SOAP adapter. In Soap adapter comm channel if click on keep attachments will that be sufficient? or do i need to write java mapping to send entire data as an attachment?

3) How i need to create my ESR objects( In my scenario no mapping required)

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You cannot send attachments using proxies.

What you can do is use a consumer ABAP proxy to push data to SAP PI, map it and create a flat file to send to your receiver.

Or, a party sends a flat file to you. Receive it in SAP PI, map it and push the data to the back end system using a provider ABAP proxy.

Proxy communication is between your SAP PI system and a SAP back end system, over HTTP. No attachments involved here.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the prompt response.my actual requirement is need pick to post .csv files data in zip format form Network shared directory and post  to HTTP receiver.(NO ESR & Mapping Required).

As far as i know we can't post .csv zip format data using HTTP adapter.

i am planning post the data as an attachment using HTTP_AAE adapter.

I need your valuable suggestions to achieve my scenario end to end.

Thanks & Regards,

Pavan