Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User deletion in SRM Org structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when user has to remove from org structure in SRM I follow the below steps

select user in PPOMA_BBP

1.click on the  position right click you can see delete assignment -delete that.

2.click on the CP -right click -Click delete assignment.

save the user .

After that when I want to display the shopping created by that user using shopping cart monitor. i cant i am getting attributes error.

what is the best practice of removing user.

Regards,

SAR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Options available to avoid SC errors are

1) Move the users (who are no more required to have SRM access) under seperate org.unit which is not having any attributes assigned so that user BP number remains same and user will not have any access.

2) As Anikeev mentioned, update the user validity period with an end date so that usser can not be seen in org.structure with current validity periods and BP number of the user remains same and existing documents will not be effected

Finally opiton 3: As lvy mentioned, implement the s.note 1507030, which will give you a new reort in SRM and which will help you to change the ownership of the SRM documents to some other user.

In this case create a system user and transfer any such docuemnts under that number by above repot. So that you will not get any errors.

And then you can delete the users from structure.

Best regards,

Govardhan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

If the user is not deleted yet, you may also refer to the methods in KBA note 1671072.

Then you may delete this user without any problem.

Best regards,

Ivy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

My suggestion will be not to delete the user within Org structure as this will lead to inconsistency in the already created objects. This is what happened in your case.

If you want to deactivate the user, what we follow is to Block the user in SU01, remove all the roles of the user. And in Org structure create a node with Expire/Dead User and pull that user under this node.

Best Regards,

Anil

ivy_li
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

First I do not suggest you delete one user which has open documents, and this will definitely cause inconsistency for the open documents.

However if some user is accidentally deleted, you may use the report in note 1507030 to replace the deleted user with one new user. Then the new user can continue processing the open documents.

Ivy

konstantin_anikeev
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Org. model looks like:

If you delete CP assignments - the links between US and BP can be broken. Shoppnig cart will dumps in that case. If you need to hide user from PPOMA_BBP you should terminate (set end date for link CP<->S - there two of them, one per direction). Termination can be done via transaction PP01 for certain object.

Best Regards

Konstantin