cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to IDOC scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a file to idoc scenario , where the sender file will be comma separated with last field will be the count of total no of records .

e.g :

Consumer id, installation no, total charge , identifier

Suppose the incoming file is like that

12364,456,100,AB

14255,586,200,BC

15426,888,900,AB

where 3 is the total no of records .

I have created as a normal file to idoc scenario with data type of 4 fields .

Record

ConID

InstallNo

TotalCharge

Identifier

But it is creating a problem as last field has only one field.

Please give me some suggestion to solve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For file to idoc scenario is there any possibility to get line items details or xml details i.e the segments and its related field details using reference id, transaction id or interface name or message id in SAP PI 7.0. I know we need to click each and every message in sxi_monitor and look for details.

For SAP(R3 System) I can create a report and set the job for specific time period so automatically it throws the details(like reference no, document date, invoice no from) in ftp path as .csv file. The same ftp path is maintained in program.

I wanted to check FTP--->PI postings and I have set the job at r3 system it is working fine and Im monitoring it too.

Now the end to end scenario is FTP--->PI--->ECC(R3 system). Please help.Many Thanks.

ambrish_mishra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you do not need the number of records in PI, you may very well check if the third party can avoid creating a "count of records" line.

Ambrish

abhradeepbasu
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, the option is to read the whole line and put into the single field and you have to split these into fields during mapping.

If you do not need the last record to read then you may delete the last line before mesage processing from the OS command in the comm channel. You can use FCC for this case.

/AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need a key field value to segregate main and trailer (no of lines) records

In case your sender system cannot add those key fields in file then i think you can read entire records in a file one by one into a single field and then split values in mapping.

Thanks

Amit Sriavstava