cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define Item Category

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create a new item category and new item category need to working like below.

1) This material may only be billed when a billing plan is entered manually.

2) The billing of this material may be needed for this month and again in 2 or 3 months.

3) It is not a fix billing plan.

4) It should be one that is entered manually.

5) This would depend on the service rendered.

Please help me how to fill the above requirement.

Thanks,

Preddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to explore Periodic Billing for this.  Create a zee Billing Plan type in OVBI and assign it to your item category.  Assign "I" to Billing Relevance field to your item category.   In the contract, key in manually whatever billing plan Business require along with Billing Date so that billing document would be generated accordingly.

Needless to mention, you have to do some groundwork to achieve this requirement.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

I am basically I am BI and BO consultant I moved to SD, I dont have much idea on it.

can you please give me basic idea about groundwork.

Thanks,

Preddy.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to add in Mr. Lakshami's post that you need to maintain this item category in manual item category selection in VOV4. For billing plan you can study on help.sap and there are lot of discussions on SCN. In billing plan you can enter dates mannualy and assign a blokcing reason according to your requirement so that billing can not be done before actual date.

Do some work and effort at your end let us know if you get stuck. Take help from Google

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi/Moazzam,

I did the development in my sandbox system like below. please let me know is it correct

I have created new item category with billing relevance I and billing plan ZC.like below.

In Rules table for date Determination like below.

in Sales order it showing like below start date and end date i entered manually.

then I did the billing in different range like monthly, 2months and weekly etc..

Please correct me if any thing is wrong.

Thanks,

preddy.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Preddy

It seems fine. Please run the whole process till billing and then update here.

Thank$

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any help on the above requirement.

Thanks,

preddy.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can change dates in sale order line item level mannualy. Whether these are mannualy, weekly or quarterly you can change as per your requirement in sale order directly.

Thank$

srinivaskurma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Preddy

you can Define Rules For Determining Dates for billing plan as monthly (shown in below snapshot) and can enter billing pan (ZM) in sales order as shown in below snapshots

you can also change the from date and to date by selecting manual check box beside billing status

Regards

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

We have already monthly,quarterly and yearly.

my requirement is I need to have one item category is should not be fixed billing plan, user will do the billing it may be monthly once,weekly or 3 months once and user want program that he will upload the XL with order number, item,quantity,item category and billing plan(Billing plan will be based on his own dates it may be monthly once,weekly or 3 months once).

yesterday I have created new item category in that billing relevance I and  Billing Plan Type I can assign only one billing plan, it may monthly or weekly.but want i should blank he will enter his own dates in SO level.

Thanks,

Preddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the customer master what billing you are going to use & the factory calender.

Thanks

Sukant Chakraborthy