Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCG - Mass User Comparison deleted roles assigned to all positions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yesterday we encountered a strange issue which I would like to know if anyone has faced before or have more details.

We changed the role validity for a user in PROD and ran the 'Mass User Comparison' function using PFCG>Mass user comparison path.

We executed this 'User Master Data Reconciliation' report for all roles and on execution - all of the roles assigned to all positions were deleted.

When we executed the same report again with a different user ID we could see that the roles to position assignment existed correctly with no issues.

Can you please let me know if anyone has faced this inconsistency before?

Regards,

Mayuresh

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you assigned a validity date for the role assignment to the user with a date  in the future of in the past it will assign the role to the user on that date (future) or untill that date (past).

I think this happened. The other user does not has a validity date on the role and therefore still has the role.

Bernhard_SAP
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Mayuresh,

do you know the funny SAP note 1083498? it probably explaines why the comparison worked with another user-ID...

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

really funny.. the solution ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Really Funny:

Solution

Grant the user enough authorizations.

wilder_latino
Explorer
0 Kudos

You need to update your access. Check PLOG authorization object.

0 Kudos

Do you see teh roles are assisgned in PP01 to position number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh

Please check the validity date of the roles assigned to the positions and also users aligned to positions in PP02.

for roles and users info type will be 1001

Subty: B007(roles)

A008(users)

For Example . 5000001 is a position  and i have assigned a role X to this position with a Valid

date xx.xx.2012-- till xx.xx.2013 using pp02.

If you assign this position 5000001 to a user with validity date till.31.12.9999

Role will expired after xx.xx.2013,

please let me know if I am not clear