cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES installation on Oracle 11.2 on Windows 2008 R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to do a Demo installation on a Windows 2008 system. I have to use Oracle 11.2 as it will not allow me to install 10.2 on this OS. However when the install starts it fails on pre-req checks and says:

"The DB Home folder E:\oracle\<SID>\11202 has not the correct DB Server version 102. Select a different DB Home folder or install the correct database server software"

as it does not have any option of selecting 112 it just has the option of selecting 102.

I have been doing a lot of research to see how to move this forward however, they talk about using a different install master, but, then will any other install master work for IDES install?

Look forward to some help!

Thanks.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

You can install Oracle 10g on Window server 2008 R2.

SAP has provided oracle software 10.2.0.4 Failsafe server 3.4.1.5 Windows 2008.

You can download and install the oracle software.

Also follow the below links as well

Note 1486772 - SAP Systems on Windows Server 2008 R2

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1631150

Let me know if you face any issue out here.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

+919818619396

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the people who have replied.

I am going to try what Ashutosh has suggested but my question is will Oracle Fail Safe work on a non clustered Windows 2008 R2 server?

Also the parameter file is oradbpar.xml - which I found out only after I had uninstalled Oracle. This is for the benefit of all those newbies like me ;-).

I am currently downloading the failsafe server and hopefully that will help the cause.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Manish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am going to try what Ashutosh has suggested but my question is will Oracle Fail Safe work on a non clustered Windows 2008 R2 server?

Oracle Fail safe is not advised or required in a non-clustered environment.

What I understood from above response that , you need to use .RunInstaller from the Oracle Fail Safe DVD to perform Oracle 10g Software installation on Windows 2008 R2.

Point to note is, you require Oracle 11g to be installed. In this case please modify the oradbpar.xml file . Replace 102_64 with 112_64. Things should work well for you.

I had tried this 3 times.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori-

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have tried your suggestion it shows in the dropdown of sapinst but later on it again checked for 11g oracle software.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have also faced the same issue when i tried to install IDES and MSSQL database. So the best resolution is to get Oracle installable from any other queue in service market place and try to install it. As the Export DVD are used for IDES so i don't think there should be issues.

Please don't download the oracle installable from oracle  web site has I had issues with those once also while installing SAP installation.

thanks

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Most probably the error message you were hitting is due the installation master DVD you are currently using does not support Oracle 11.

Also the information provided is not complete. Can you please provide IDES for which release you are trying to install ? and also confirm the installation master you are using ?

Rgds,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for the immediate response.

The IDES version I am using is IDES ERP 6.0. The installation master DVD I am using is

EXE    51043756_1    SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 IDES Inst. Master 1 of 2     Info     976563    07.11.2012
   RAR    51043756_2    SAP ERP 6.0 SR3 IDES Inst. Master 2 of 2     Info     155603    07.11.2012

Hope you will be able to tell me some other Install master DVD that will work with my installation.

Thanks.

Manish

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should not be an issue, you should contact your SAP Account Manager and request access to the latest version of IDES, and/or simply install it in a windows 2003 SR2 with Oracle 10g.

Remember usage of IDES is limited to certain scenarios.

Regards, Juan

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

There are multiple ways for this approach

1) Raise an OSS to get the latest version for installation master

2) Try to get latest sapinst version from SAP service Marketplace and try to install using newer sapinst.

3) Perform manual modifications to dboraparam.xml file. This file should be available in installation master DVD. Replace 102_64 with 112_64. Save the file and start the installation from scratch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Akshay_G
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

If you are installing IDES ERP 6.0 SR3, the default Oracle RDBMS required is 10.2 which you can upgrade later to 11.2.

But as you can proceed only with Oracle 11.2, i suggest can you check with installing IDES ERP6 EHP6, its supported to install on Oracle 11.2. This could resolve your trouble, I guess.

-Akshay.