cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to export preferential data from SAP® GTS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to export preferential data from SAP® GTS?

Please help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your hints. Will check this, if it's better in to transfer data from out ERP.

There are better solutions O&P, foreign trade and logistics 😉

Kind regards.

Marcus.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

sorry for being too unprecise. First time for me in SCN 😉

I would like to export all preferential data from GTS 8.0 (or maybe from ERP) for purpose to import and migrate it into another preferential software.

For this new software I need to deal with origin & preferences master and transactional data:

- Addresses of customers and vendors

- Material master data

- Bill of materials

- Purchase orders

- Goods receipts

- Sales orders

- Suppliers & customers proofs including O&P evaluations

Most important is the link between master/transactional data and the proofs!

Thanks and kind regards.

Marcus.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

There's no standard way to export all that data from GTS.  It would be best to obtain the data from the original source - presumably the SAP ERP system, but you would need some expert help to do that.  For the master data (Materials, BoMs and Business Partners) you could set up Change Pointers, but would need to develop a processing program and some middleware to send the data to your other Preferential Software system.

The transactional data could be sent using iDocs, but again you'd need technical assistance to get it into your other system.

But why don't you want to use GTS - is it so bad for Preference processing?

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marcus,

Your question is a little too broad.  Could you indicate more precisely what you want to do?  Like; WHICH data, exactly?  And to where should it be exported?

Regards,

Dave