cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Russia Billing - specific number range?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello forum members.

We are just conducting an implementation for a Russian business on ECC 6.0 Support Pack level 22. The system currently has not implemented any Enhancement Packs.   I have a question around the billing document number range.   My customer tells me that the Billing Document numbering for Russian businesses needs to be sequential and start with 1 in the beginning of each year.  She says this is a legal requirement.  I've looked through OSS and Russia config and I haven't found any mention of this.    Has anyone else implemented this requirement for a Russia company?  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't believe this is a legal requirement. There must be some confusion between the billing and accounting documents. Accounting table (BKPF) has Year as one of the key fields. Therefore it's very much possible to restart numbering each year (I believe it's actually a configuration setting, but I'm not an FI expert).

For the billing documents this is simply not feasible because document number (VBELN) is the only key field. So for one year they might run SAP happily with the numbers from 1 through whatever, but then January 1st next year they will start getting short dumps because - surprise! - document with number 1 already exists.

Otherwise the user exit suggestion would work but, like I said, for the billing documents this is just not feasible due to the database design.

If there is still a doubt, ask your Russian counterpart to check the site sapboard.ru.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Jelena
Active Contributor

Rachel, I got some information from a respected Russian community member, hope it clarifies it (translation is mine with minor omissions):

In the standard invoice form for Russia the invoice number is obtained from FI document, not SD document. With the configuration in FBN1 the FI document numbers reset every year.

Previously there was a legal requirement to have a serialized document numbering. But this law was interpreted differently by each financial inspection branch and ranged from very strict to relatively loose. Later this requirement was removed.

I searched in Google as was suggested by the same person and the very first link (it's in Russian, but try Google translate) quotes an official document dated 2012 stating that there are no numbering requirements.

Hope this answers your question fully.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Thanks for the useful inputs.

Getting to the bottom of the requirement is what always clarifies what is the right fit I was also in that notion that this may not be a correct mapping of requirements with SD Documents, but did not have the energy to explore further. .

A personal take away for me from this discussion is that I have found additional good information on the usage of the concept of Business Place [ contributed by Raj - somewhere in the sting of this discussion] which is specific to a country. 

You have a good one.

Thanks.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use cross application document number ranges.

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you explain how this is feasible ? Some bullet points would help.

Thanks.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer following SAP Notes, which is related to legal change in Russia dated in year 2011.

- Note 1691844 - Invoice Journal (Russia)

- Note 1699578 - Add-on: Invoice Journal (Russia)

- Note 1638389 - Sales/Purchase Ledger: correction invoices

Also refer following for info on upgrade of system:

- Note 947554 - Russia SAP_APPL ECC 6.0 Upgrade from CCIS/CEE Add-On

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello JP

Thanks for your reply.  The notes you supply talk about the invoice journals but my business wants this number to appear on the VAT Bill itself.   We are printing this from SD not FI to acquire all the materials etc.

Do you have anything further on cross application document number ranges?  This sounds interesting.

Thanks
Rachel

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Note 968891 - Sales and Purchase Ledger modification (Please check attachment also.)

- Note 1783210 - Electronic VAT Invoices (Russia) - fixes and improvements

- Note 1834136 - Electronic VAT Invoices (Russia)- delivery confirmation

- Note 595327 - Determining a different number range interval

- Note 363901 - Country-specific buffering RV_BELEG/number assignment in SD

-

Note you may find issue which reusing same number range again next year.

- Note 781802 - Resetting number ranges after archiving data

Better you raise ticket with SAP for guidance.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachel,

It looks like it's required for print output.

There are 2 options:

1) print FI doc number instead of SD invoice number

2) Use your own number range with year.

- add new field for your own invoice number to VBRK table (or 2 fields if you want to store year as well)

- create new number range object with year

- get new number and put it into XVBRK in enhancement of FM RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD like enhancement spot RV_INVOICE_DOCUMENT_ADD_16

- use this new number as year-dependent invoice number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

Please refer to my document in the forum published recently on the topic.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44209

Hope all your queries would get cleared.

Also, please note the number generated through this Business Place setup would be available as part of the “Reference number” field in the billing document and the same would be reflected in the accounting document as well. With the help of form enhancement the Reference number can be printed in the invoice document for meeting legal requirements.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is possible using the concept of Business Place in SAP.

Please go through the help.sap.com for the topic.

Also let me know for any specific requirement, will definitely try to help you.

Regards

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Interesting information. Could you share the specific URL for this

Just wanting to make sure we are not missing something new that has come. I was also thinking in terms of what Jelena had indicated. 

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Soon you will see a document published in our forum on the topic.

For the time being please find below the help.sap.com link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/36/41913ab525fb23e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

former_member205178
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks ! Appreciate it.

I am looking forward to more details.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj

Thanks for your reply.  This looks interesting.  Do you know why SAP do not support this for Russia?

Would you be able to post a link to the document you publish on your forum when it is there?

Thanks

Rachel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As required the document has been published in the forum:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-44209

Regards

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE_INV_DATE check this user exit which will allow you to set the Number range based on the Date

Here you have to check Sy-Datum which is system date and make necessary changes in the exit

also check

USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE exit

I suggest to use first exit which is specific to your requirement

revert if you need more details

regards,

santosh