SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end-dating academic scales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

We recently had a change for the university where a value of C- is being removed from our graduate academic scale for this upcoming fall.

I wonder if anyone else has had to do this and what their process was to implement the change.

Since you can't end-date a scale, what I have to do is modify the current scale to remove the C- grade and then make a copy of the scale prior to the change to have an "old" version of it in case we need to edit someone in academic work that had that grade in the past.  We also need the old scale if we need to "add-back" a student that was in a previous ERP system prior to SAP.

Thoughts?

Thank you.

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are also going through the same phase however we have created a new scale and mapped it to appropriate object types.

In case of a student is coming back due to failures or re-examinations,we are changing PI calculation logic to calculate the correct CGPA/GPA.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

We are also going through the same phase however we have created a new scale and mapped it to appropriate object types.

In case of a student is coming back due to failures or re-examinations,we are changing PI calculation logic to calculate the correct CGPA/GPA.

Regards

Vinod Kumar

dirk_pape3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

I want to support what Kumar says. What he describes is better than editing the scale. Consider the fact that you have already appraisals in the system which have been entered or even completed at a time the scale was in the old state (consisting of C, having different norm value intervals).

These appraisials would appear inconsistent with the actual scale definition, if you really change this.

I would also recommend that you build up a new scale and change the infotypes of the SM objects, so they point - beginning with the date, when the new scale becomes active - to the new scale or to a new appraisal template having the new scale as a result scale.

Best regard,

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

Create a new scale instead of changing the old one. Assign it to module's Evaluation info-type from effective semester start date. If you have future module bookings don't forget to change the scale on module bookings(You might need a conversion program for this).

Best Regards,

Prabhat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

These are all excellent thoughts.  I will be exploring this path instead of what I was doing.  Also, thanks PK for the reminder to worry about changing the module bookings.