cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety features assurance in manufacturing plants by SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm inquisitive to know how does SAP Manufacturing look into solutions regarding safety aspects in manufacturing plants. Any thoughts?

For an instance, if you are reffering to any chemical plant, where 2 hazardous chemicals flow into a reactor through 2 different pipes, can we monitor that the vessels or pipes are not contaminated by water or any other chemical polutants through any functionality of SAP ME/MII?

Can we put a check on any sort of oversimplified mistakes done by a plant operator and revert it back before the process goes wrong?

Thanks

Anudeep KM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP ME is more suitable for discrete manufacturing rather than for chamical production - see here.

But anyway, SAP ME has notification mechanism which,for example, can be triggered by violating limits of Data Collection Group parameters which can be collected automatically by shop floor machines and sent to SAP ME. So, with some customization to basic SAP ME, the solution can be tailored to the needs of your case. The main question is how to map your production process into SAP ME master data.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

I just wanted to know, If SAP ME is not best suited for chemical production, do we have any SAP application which supports it in a better way?

Thanks

Anudeep KM

0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

As I know, other SAP solutions cover a bit different area of production: SAP ME is focused on actual activities done at shop floor level to track actions of machines and operators, but other solutions seem to be the modules of SAP ERP which covers the higher level of production like resource planning and accounting where the actions of machines/operators are not distinguishable.

I've heard about custom implementations of simple MES features by means of MII, but without any details.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you , @Kendall J. Calvin Sr.

0 Kudos

Hi Anudeep,

Check out this space: http://scn.sap.com/community/chemicals

Br, Alex.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The most wonderful thing about SAP Manufacturing software is its ability to expand on efficiency. Writing the correct data into the conditions will result in a desired effect. You should discuss this with your IT section or Supply Chain SAP ERP Manager. Remember, the system is growing, and it is capable of being given advanced instruction.

I hope this helped.

KJC SCM