Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a cell with UserResponse function in WEBI - BO Mobile reports

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I´m developing a Webi report based on BO Mobile platform.

My issue is related with a cell that contais the function "=userResponse([Object-Prompt])".

This function return the prompt option selected by the end user.

I just wanna show this cell (with prompt selection) in my webi report on Mobile Device (ipad).

If the user select on webi report prompt on IPAD, YEAR equal "2013", the cell with UserResponse function, return "2013" as value.

Very simple and easy to understand.

On the Launch pad (browser) is working fine, but I dind´t find a way to show this on Mobile App.

I created a blank cell and applied the standard SAP function for this one, follow:

<a href="laction://cell?attachedto='Block 1'&valign='top'&halign='left'">description</a>

With the cell above (read as hyperlink), I can look for "description" in my WEBI report, on the top of my block 1 (crosstab table), but I need the return of my function (userResponse) instead of "description".

I created a variable for my UserResponse cell/function, but couldn´t attach this on SAP Blank Cell function.

Ideias for this situation?

Best Regards,

Bruno Heissler

SAP BO 5.0.5 version

SAP BO 4.0 SP05 version

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

If you use the mobileDesigned category you will not need to apply any formula to attach the cell, it will be displayed as in LaunchPad. Did you already try that?

Best regards,

Victor

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I´m using "Mobile" category and I can look for all my Webi Reports on Ipad (SAP BI app).

This is not my root cause.

My issue is related with a cell, that use a function called userResponde.

How can I can enable this cell in my Webi Mobile report?

As mentioned before, when the end user select values for the Prompt (before execute the report), the values selectedshould appear in my cell.

This logic is working for dekstop (launch pad - browser), but when I open the webi report on Mobile device, I can´t see the cell with the function, returning the selection maded on prompt report.

According with my original post, I´m alreadying using a SAP standard function/steps that make a cell enable for mobile devices, but is not working fine in this case.

Any suggestion?

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bruno,

MobileDesigned category is an additional category to the mobile category.

If you don't want to use the mobileDesigned category, then you should still be able to do that:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3343657

Best regards,

Victor

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Victor,

Thank you for the tip.

I´m still with problems, take a look:

I´ve a variable called "Label - Centro de Custo"

This variable have the function:

=If(UserResponse("Grupo de centros de custo")="") Then "Centro(s) de Custos: Todos"

Else "Centro(s) de Custo: " + UserResponse("Grupo de centros de custo")

-------------

This variable is working fine and returning the right selection made by the end user on the prompt.

In my blank cell, I adjusted the syntax according your indication. Follow the final function:

="<a href=laction://cell?attachedto='Block 1'&valign='top'&halign='left'>"+([Label - Centro de Custo])+"</a>"

I could validated this function and take the right return on Launch Pad (browser).

On the IPAD I can´t see the cell.

Just for test, If I create a new cell with Standard function, I can see the cell on IPAD:

<a href="laction://cell?attachedto='Block 1'&valign='top'&halign='center'">TEST DESCRIPTION</a>

Any ideia?

What is missing?

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Any suggestion for this cenario?

I applied Victor suggestions, but didn´t work yet (think that is missing any detail in my string).

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruno,

I just checked both of my suggestions and both of them work perfectly on my side:

1. Just use additionally the "MobileDesigned" category. No change needed to your report.
  2. Use mobile category only, and configure blank cell. Here the syntax:

="<a href=laction://cell?attachedto='block1'&valign='top'&halign='left'>"+[test_var]+"</a>"

I assume that you have not tried suggestion 1 yet (because there is not much that can go wrong here) and that there is somewhere a small, but fatal typo while you are following suggestion 2.

Best regards,

Victor

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Victor,

I created on CMC, a new category called "MobileDesigned", in the same level as "Mobile" category, both, under Corporate Categories.

I attached my report for both categories (Mobile AND MobileDesigned) category.

On the IPAD, I couldn´t see differences on the blank cell configured (still not showing).

Into the LaunchPad, I´ve the follow syntax for my blank cell:

="<a href=laction://cell?attachedto='Block 1'&valign='top'&halign='left'>"+[Label - Centro de Custo]+"</a>"

The variable that I´m using on the function above "[Label - Centro de Custo]" as the follow function:

=If(UserResponse("Grupo de centros de custo")="") Then "Centro(s) de Custos: Todos" 

Else "Centro(s) de Custo: " + UserResponse("Grupo de centros de custo")

Into the LaunchPad, this works fine for me. When I selected a prompt value, I can see the result into the blanck cell, but when I try do the same on IPAD, I can´t look for the cell/description on the device screen.

In your side, you could see the result on IPAD?

Seems to be a bug, because works on LaunchPad and not on Mobile device.

Any idea?

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you are describing looks good to me.

Yes, if I follow any of my two suggestions, I can see the right results on the iPad.

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Victor,

What your BO Mobile and BO server Versions?

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are plain SP06.

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a rights issue? I am seeing a similar problem. Do we need special security access for this to work.

On further testing, I see it on i Pad but not on iPhone.

bruno_heissler2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I think that is not related to rights issue, because in my case, I was using Administrator user and Mobile/Mobile Designed categories.

I believe that is a SP issue that was fixed on SP6+.

Regards,

Bruno Heissler

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Bruno.

We are on BI 4.0 SP6 Patch2 and Mobile Designed category is showing on iPad but not on iPhone. I agree that it is not a rights issue. Probably by app design.