cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery to billing document with batch split: VPRS needs to be total of sub-items

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have set up config so that when an SD delivery contains a batch split, then the cumulate cost functionality allows me to copy only the main line item for each material through to a billing document.

This line item is for the total quantity of the sub-items in the batch split. However, the total cost (VPRS) is not correct.  It is being calculated from the material valuation data - since we use moving average price, this frequently changes. What I want to do is to calculate the total cost for the billing document from the sub-items of the batch split.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks in advance,

Val

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Val,

please check the following SAP notes, they might be helpful:

352441 - Accumulated cost is missing in the main item

77414 -  Billing during batch split

Best regards,

Csaba Soltesz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Csaba,

We've already applied 352441, I'll have a look at 77414 and check against my settings.

Regards,

Val

Former Member
0 Kudos

All working fine now, thanks.  My new config does totalling as I need, and the cutover problem disappears as outstanding deliveries are billed - finance will post journals to correct double-posting.

Thanks for your help, Csaba and Shiva.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the T.code-VTFL under Item Category Level you have an option-Cumulate Cost which cumulates the cost of all Subitems and display at Main Item.

Shiva

Message was edited by Moderator

Points unassigned for points begging. Please review SCN Rules of Engagement and adhere them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your quick answer.

So for my new config I need to set Cumulate Cost on the item category I use for the sub-items, then the total will appear on the main item? OK, I can set that for my new deliveries and billing documents.

However, my immediate problem is a cutover one.  I have old deliveries which were created before I made this change - these have batch split, but both main and sub-items have the same item category. It has Cumulate Cost ticked, Billing Quantity G and Pricing Type G.  When I create billing documents for these old deliveries, all lines are included (since they have the same item category they can't be separated) - and the main item is being determined from material valuation when it should be the total of the sub-items.  I need it to be the total because each batch used has a different valuation on it.  Can you help me with this situation?

Thanks,

Val