cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create defect correction from a normal change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Experts!

I would like to make able creating defect correction from a normal change.

I think it will be helpful because these documents have some similar information.

For example, tester, developer, ibase component, title, ect.

But web UI for change documents don’t have the button “Create Follow-up”.

Is it possible to make some customizing or just ABAP can help me?

Thanks for reply!

Yuliya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I too agree on the above . The Defect  correction  is  not an add on or follow  up  to  normal change   but it is used during the test phase of the implementation or the maintenance project. And is used if there is a need for more development/correction which  is  identified during the testing .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Imran, Prakhar, thank you for explanation.

I know these facts about Defect correction.

I just wondered to know if it possible to copy value of some fields from Normal changes to Defect correction without ABAP. Maybe I am wrong, but I think that these documents have some similar fields and Tester will spend less time to create such document in this situation.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuliya

you don't create a defect from normal change as both are correction documents

typically ChaRM process is

change request or RfC - once this is approved you get follow up change document you have selected in change request or type of change you want

Change document- this is the type of change you have approved via RfC like Normal change

Urgent change etc

now these goes as per project phases apart from Urgent changes which don't follow project phases or maintenance cycle phase.

for defect correction blog is already shared in another reply but as a process you can decide whether you need to link this with RfC or directly creating Defect is fine with your project requirements

Hope this helps

Regards

Prakhar

former_member188058
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yuliya,

By standard Defect correction is not created as a follow on document from normal change. Whenever the testing fails during the TEST phase of the project, you need to create a new defect correction independently (not as a follow on).

If you need follow on, ABAP is way forward i guess.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

have you checked before

Thanks

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Jansi!

I've read this blog before.

But it's not what I want to do.

I just wont to automatically fill some similar information (tester, developer, ibase component, title, ect) if it possible of course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas?