cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe with excel sheet (BO 4.0) - chracter displayed as number in web intelligence

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we want to create a universe based on excel sheet. The sheet consists of three columns: Customer number, Customer Name, Revenue.

In universe designer we add Revenue as measure object and Customer number as dimension object (Type: character). When we try to add these fields into web intelligence report the output for the customer number is 1000.0, which is not correct because in excel the number is 1000. We tried few workarounds to get the format we need adding " ' " at the beginnig of customer number, '1000 and it works. But we dont want to edit every excel sheet. Also when i try to edit field customer number in web intelligence report i see the option "format number" which is weird because the field is defined as character in universe. Any ideas how to get the customer number as character?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Martin Zluky

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you are using open office. If that is the case then try converting required object at BO report level rather than at excel as below using FormatNumber and To Char functions

Number = FormatNumber(no,'#,###0) .

Thanks in Advance,

Suresh Babu Aluri.

former_member327010
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we tried this and it works but this is not an option for us because we need to merge this dimension and we cant because of the different format.

We are using MS Office.

Regards,

Martin Zluky