cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AEX 7.31: Change of port settings for IB access not accepted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we had an issue with the access to the Swing-based Integration Builder on our PI 7.31 AEX (Java-Only) after installation.

The following error message appears: "Cannot connect to server using message server":

Since this has to do with the parameter setting of com.sap.aii.connect.directory.mshttpport in the XPI Service: AII Config Service I have changed the parameter to the correct port number 8101 (according to SAP Basis).

After restart of the Java instance, the ESR access works perfectly, however Integration Builder still doesn't work.

When I check the Aii-properies in the Administration page, the new port value is not accepted, still the old one is there:

Update of the repository value however worked:

We already tried to restart the Java instance several times, however the value in the XPI Service: AII Config Service is set correctly, but is afterwards not set and visible in the properties page.

Did I miss anything? Or is this a bug?

Thank you all for your help and Best Regards

H.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Can you please create new aii property for Directory alone.As you said you cannot allow to edit, so pelase create new aii property and set the value.Hope you can start work in IB.If this works ,go ahead to delete the old aii property .

sometimes you may face some strange things in PI

reply me still not able to solve this.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for the reply. I cannot add the same parameter again. If I try to do this there is still only one entry for parameter com.sap.aii.connect.directory.mshttpport in the parameters list. Also I cannot remove the parameter since the remove-button is deactivated.

Best Regards

Harald

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

you can do the same other way also like below.

In admin page -> click Exchange profile under "properties administration" ,then click "search" give your aii property as "com.sap.aii.connect.directory.mshttpport" again search , then click under "name" column .

here you can edit or sace the value. If you dont have permission please check with your admin or check with different user having requried permissions.

Thanks

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Sorry I am a bit confused. We are on Java-Only, my understanding is there is no Exchange profile anymore. The exchange profile has been replaces by the XPI Service: All Service Config. I have no entry "Exchange profile" in the properties administration.

Best Regards

Harald

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Please follow as attached below

you can add in the "custom caluculated value"(lastcolumn) of whole aii property with value.

Thanks,

Satish

NOTE : in my above reply sorry for made you confuse, i forget its AEX sys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Great! Thanks a lot for that guidance! It worked and IB is starting up again.

Marked your answer as correct!

Thanks again and Best Regards

Harald

Answers (0)