Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOM problem and problem to open hprof

hai_long3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have patch our SAP PI 7.11 system from SP4 to Sp10 two months agao. The patch was done without any problem in production environment. After the patch we get OOM problem in Java stack every few days, it seems that the GC does not work properly. As far as I could see, we don't have any changes in the message volumn on the system. We don't have this problem before we patch the system.

I download the OO.hprof from the server and open it with memory analysis plug-in with NWDS. It seems that one hashtable object from JCo is around 2.5 Gbyte.

One instance of "java.util.Hashtable" loaded by "<system class loader>" occupies 2.557.959.120 (67,99%) bytes. The instance is referenced by com.sap.conn.jco.rt.JCoJ2EERuntime @ 0x74765da8 , loaded by "library:tc~com.sap.conn.jco". The memory is accumulated in one instance of "java.util.Hashtable$Entry[]" loaded by "<system class loader>".Keywords
java.util.Hashtable$Entry[]
library:tc~com.sap.conn.jco
java.util.Hashtable

CSN Components
BC-MID-CON-JCO for "com.sap.conn.jco.rt.JCoJ2EERuntime"

Someone has an idea about it?

best regards,

Hai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hai,

This looks like a known bug. The fix for this is documented in the note 1845544 Memory leak in JCo session management. The fix is in J2EE ENGINE SERVERCORE 7.11 SP010 PL22.

Regards
Mark

hai_long3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for your answer. As far as I can see is our already on Sp10 PL22.

best regards,

Hai

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hai,

Ok, you already have the fix in note 1845544 Memory leak in JCo session management.

Can you check the Patch level of the J2EE APPS component? There is another issue which may also contribute to this OOM error. See note 1661861 Memory leak in sap.com/sessionmgmt~jco~applib application. This fix is in the J2EE ENGINE APPLICATIONS 7.11 SP010 PL3. Do you also have this patch?

Regards

Mark

hai_long3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

thanks for the good hint.

the patch Level of J2EE Apps is SP10 PL0 at moment. We will try to deploy this patch and see whether it helps. I will update this thread afterwards.

regards,

Hai

hai_long3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

we apply the recommend J2EE Apps patch 3 weeks ago and the OOM problem has been not seening since then. Thank you very much again for help.

regards,

Hai

former_member204370
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We are using JCo3 and we noticed one memry leak issue. I doubt it is caused by JCo. We are using Jboss app server. It is outside SAP NW platform. What is this fix and how can this be applied in JBoss?

Thanks

Answers (0)