cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI As an FTP Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was wondering what people's thoughts are on using SAP PI as an FTP Server? The issue I have is that it seems very cumbersome to use PI to simply pick and drop files. For example to move one single file from one location to another requires the following:

i.e. 6 configuration directory objects to move one file. Another transfer would require another 6 objects. Very quickly it would seem that things may get out of hand. Imagine 50 file transfers requiring a potential 300 configuration objects!

Question I have is simply am I missing something? As things stand PI can of course act as an FTP server (i.e. simply moving files with no mapping) but it looks to me an overly cumbersome way to do it. Perhaps not the best use of PI.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul Clements.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

you can use one object -> ICO (with two CCs)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member194612
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

As mentioned by Michal , I think you are using old realeses of PI.

From 730 and 731 PI releases you can find ICO(integrated configuration) objects, where you have to declare source and target config in one single screen.

It looks like below attachment.

Thanks,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

Thanks for responding.

Not sure what you mean. What is ICO? Can you give a bit more detail.

(For info we are on 7.02 SP12 if this makes any difference to the possible solutions)

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK. So the version we are on (7.02 SP12) doesn't have ICO. Therefore it looks like we are stuck with 6 config directory objects per unique file transfer i.e. there is no other way.

Is this correct?

Cheers,

PaulC.

jose_augastine3
Active Participant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for all the answers. Unfortunately we are only on 7.02 SP12 so don't have Integrated Configuration i.e. we would still need the full set of standard configuration objects per file transfer.

Cheers,

PaulC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If you are using SAP PI 7.30 then in integration directory, you can find "Integrated Configuration" object which can be used to avoid sender & receiver agreements, receiver & interface determination objects in configuration Scenario.

So in short, your configuration scenario will consist of only sender & receiver channel and Integrated configuration object. In total 3 objects only.

Screenshot of Integrated configuration object is posted by Satish in above post.

I hope you won't find PI cumbersome now.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

IMO it depends, you can use one interface configuration for transferring files from one location to another (i.e. by using DC in a java mapping define dynamic target directory name depending upon the source folder name) as long as your source and target server remains the same but the only thing which is changing is directory...

But having said that, certainly if servers are not the same then there is no other way apart from creating different configurations.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava