Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason of rejecting Document and imposing penalty

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Leads,

I find my document 'How to edit entry in standard SAP table' is rejected and deleted from forum. Along with this they also deducted 34 points as penalty + addtional 10 Point deduction of that document. 

Reson of rejection given  that this document has critical information and should not be share with forum.

I checked terms and condtion in SAP and finding there is no rule to not share critical information. And more strage that putting such heavy penalty??

Do Consultant should not have such information??

Can you please advice how SDN consider that any information is critical or not??? As  for me all information is critical for example SM30 also allow deletion change of Data, several SAP report also do this. Do Moderator review all post including past post, which they feel have critcal information?

Do such decesion are one moderator decesion or there is some guidelines on which group takes decesion  ?? Can we reapeal if we do not agree with such decesion.

I need your guidance to post  better document, which can give  result of my effort and motivate me.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj

Whenever the rules are broken or not followed then there is always a pre warning. I am surprized that you got pnealty without any warning. You should be warned first and after warning if you still continue bypassing the rules then there must be a penalty. You can raise the query to SCN team and they can investigate it further.

For your document I will comment that although it didn't worked for me in my DEV system but still that was a new thing for me to know. As you know this is SAP's official forum and SAP won't reccoment you or any other member to post such information which SAP discourages. For instance changin any standard program with access keys or changing any standard tables. If in SAP audit they find these kind of gambles then they won't give you any kind of support. This can be the reason that your document has been rejected. But still if you want to share the knowledge that is a good thing about you then I would say that this was a new thing and may be you can post it on some other forum other than SCN like linkedin or google blogs.

Hope you understand my point of view. Thanks for sharing your posts and knowledge with members. Keep posting with positive attitude and forget about the points you have lost. You will get hundreds if you post with positive attitude

Thank$

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FYI, content was reported abused and as result it was subsequently hided. But, subsequently Neeraj Lal republished, without any changes or consent. Today, again it was reported abuse and subsequently rejected. Hope you are aware that once someone report abuse a content with valid reason, they can't re-abuse the same content.

And if you are not able to use that feature in your any of the system, then fair chance that your security team has taken care of that in advance. To avoid any play around with the system.

Hope that clarifies.

Best Regards, JP

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I did not recieved any message that it was reported abuse.

I only find in actionon Friday  that you blocked this content for critical information.

I tried to send you direct mail on friday, but I was not allowed.

As you mentioned regarding in your comments regaring Test that I corrected and requested by comment to you if anything else needs to be change.

Saturday and sunday I was travelling and today after reaching India I saw this.

Its fine I am taking it in positive spirit.

Best regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP

Yes I know that and I also read your comment on that document that there is nothing new in it and it has been discussed many times before etc etc. You also commented on that document that this is going to be blocked soon. I agree with you and your action till here. But as Neeraj said he got penalty of 34 points which I was confused about that why 34 points only and why penalty without warning. Since you have explained that this is not a penalty but actual points that Neeraj got from this document so now I agree with this too. This is not a penalty but points which he got with documents.

Now the conflict of Neeraj's reputation tab and your moderation view lies with you guys. You can better check and guide Neeraj now.

Neeraj

I am glad that you took it as positive and got something new to learn. Keep contributing with this optimistic approach.

Thank$

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MoazzaM

Points?

At least, you should be bother about points.  You know how to compensate. Isn't it right?

Thanks & Regards, JP

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neeraj,

FYI, The content posted as discussion/blog & reported abused on SCN can be rejected & hidden. But, can't be block.

If you check notification under actions on your RHS of your SCN login screen and also check your mail.

You be able to know the reason why your post was rejected.

Best Regards, JP

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jyoti,

I am not at all agree with you. Anyway I cheked my notoification but I do not find any sign of abuse.

First of all my post was not having any such content which is not known at senior level. You himself agree that it is available at other SDN forum.

It looks like that some consultant are imarging who wants to dictate whole SDN and SAP community as it happens in production based industry. They want to move SAP from knowledge base to production base.

For me Moderation means to correct if content has wrong info, giving wrong info to community or if it has any thing abusive content.

I personally feel this attitude is not good for SAP in long run which include all of us.

Now I am ending this conversation here.

Regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi JP

Yes you are right. Everyone bothers about points and it creates interest in SCN too but points shoudn't be first priority to contribute on SCN. Atleast it is not for me. If this was only about points then its not too difficult to gather points by just giving a few hours daily to SCN.

I always tried to contribute some quality stuff. Even though when I started contributing regularly eight or nine months back, I didnt copy pasted anything ever like some very senior members used to do that.

Thank$

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me clarify few things.

1. Deduction of points.

deducted 34 points as penalty + addtional 10 Point deduction of that document.

This is b'coz, you received in all 44 points for that post. One the post is deleted, you loss out all the points earned via that post. Even, I lost out 10 points earned through that post.

2. As I remember one of SAP Mentor already guide to you in one of your previous post to

"please make sure to search before posting, going forward."

As I already mentioned that there are many previous post as document, blog and discussion. And your content doesn't have anything new to offer.

3. Dangerous practice is always dangerous whether practiced in quality, training or production. As functional consultant the example shared by you, clearly indicators either you are ignorant of configuration to control that (TVTA-REVFP) or you ran out of example to explain 'How to edit entry in standard SAP table' functionality helps SD functional consultant.

4. Rejecting the content posted as blog or document is unanimous decision among Moderators of the space. Also, once the content is rejected, you should not republish it. Till you have taken consent of the Space Moderators.

cc. G Lakshmipathi

I hope that clarifies few of your doubts.

Best Wishes, JP

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I have not recieved all 44 points from that post. From that post I got only 14 points.

10 for document and 2 + 2 as sombody liked it.

Other 34 points I got for other document 'Output to External Email ID'. Please verify.

And there is SAP note deals with this information. I do not understand how in future to judge which SAP information to publish and which not.

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It is not only Moderator action. If any other fellow SCN member report abuse the content. The Space Moderators will have the review the content and take appropriate action accordingly.
SAP Note you are talking about is relevant for CO, not for SD. And you might be aware that SD data mostly effects revenue data. Just imagine that in real time.
You are mistaken. I can see you points for Output to External Email ID', You have received:
AREAPoints
Publish10
Rating10 (5+5)
Likes2
Total22
For that post you got
AreaPoints
Publish10
Rating10 (5 x 2)
Likes10 (2 x 5)
Comment Likes4 (2 x 2)
Total34
Best Regards, JP
neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

If I am checking my reputation tab, I find it totally different

For rejected document

Publish: 10

Like: 2 X2 = 4

There was no 5 star for this document for this document. This 10 point got reversed the day you blocked this content.

And remaining 4 point reversed today as it was rejected and deleted today.

For Output to External Email ID'.

I find

Publish = 10

Rating : 2X5 = 10

Likes = 2 X5 =10

Total 30 points.

All of these point got reversed. As morning my points were 392 and now it is 358.

Regards

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Neeraj,

I will not comment on point deletion & penalty.

But regarding the doucment being critical, I am of the view that we have many junior / learning members here on the forum & it is indeed dangerous for them (or for that matter anybody) to know such tools in SAP.

To give you a practical example, in one of my earlier support project, the outgoing Consultant had deleted some data directly from table & our team had to literally face the music from the client & our leads for next couple of months.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

You are right but this can happen with any transaction. I have seen some time conultant created sales order in production using YRED. SM30 can also be use for data change etc.

I am not sure if this entitles any inforamtion to freeze??? If anyone is consultant he should judge with all information and consultant itself means person is responsible having information of business....

Putting such heavy penalty to demotivate and debaring information , do you think is a correct way?

Regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos