Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Alerts for Contracts that are about to expire

pratap_l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where an alert or e-mail notification is to be sent to a group of purchaser if following occurs.

1. The validity period of a contract is about to expire

2. The greatest possible release quantity/value will soon be reached

I am trying to define the alert category under SAP Web Application Server >Basis Services >  Generic Business Tools > Alert Management > Define Alert Categories

However I am unsure how we define the alert category.

Especially with the container field of the Screen. I am not sure how to create the container element.

Would appreciate any inputs regarding the same.

Also, request you to suggest if there are any KBA's related to Configuring Alerts.

BR// Veera Pratap

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Define Alert Categories - In the event schema the alert categories are assigned as Subcategories only to events that are to generate alerts. They determine the recipients and the subscribers  ( Subscription) and also the short and long text of the alerts. SRM supplies a predefined alert category for the relevant object type in the classification SRM Alerts and you can copy and modify this.

This is done in Event Control for the Object Type and Event Schema Combination in Deadline Monitoring Configuration under Process Controlled workflow configuration. Make sure each event which you are scheduling is having a Event Category and Subcategory of the Event.

Thanks

Ajit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

You need to Configure to generate Contract Alerts :

- Maintain Alert Threshold Data for Contracts

- Defined Events

- Defined Event Schemas

- Workflow Template WS10400022 (TS10407926) activated for events

contracts #Going to expire# and #Threshold exceeded#.

When the report BBP_CONTRACT_CHECK is executed, there will be deadline

events stored in the basic alert framework tables.

Cheers,

Melina

pratap_l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Melina,

Thank you for the Inputs.

I configured the alerts and also enabled a Task to be triggered (In the event Schema).

Here I see that the Task is getting triggered, however the Work Item is not being removed from the Users work list when the recipient clicks on the Task and changes the Contract.

PS: We are using SRM 7.02 with Application Controlled WFL.

BR// Veera Pratap 

pratap_l
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Thank you for the inputs that you have provided, it was quite helpful.

Also, for further inputs, people can also look into the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/3221753

BR// Veera Pratap