cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning without configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am trying to carry out block planning without configuration, i.e. I don't want to create materials with classification 300. I am following what SAP has suggested in the help portal:

Process Flow

Production Data Structures:

Sie ...

1.      In the ERP system, classify the routing operations in a class with class type 018.

2.      Transfer the class characteristics to SAP APO.

Transfer the characteristics via the integration as additional characteristics as the classes with class type 018 are not transferred to SAP APO (see Integration of Classes and Characteristics).

3.      Create a class with class type 400 in SAP APO, and assign the characteristics to it.

4.      Define blocks on the relevant resource using the characteristics of the class.

5.      Transfer the master data (BOM and routing) as production data structures to SAP APO.

6.      The order is transferred to SAP APO via the product.

7.      In SAP APO, the order is scheduled in the relevant block based on the characteristic value assignment at the operation.

In step 5, I am facing an issue. When I am trying to CIF the recipe as PDS I am getting this error:  "Class type 018 is not defined - data cannot be transferred." (This is already stated in the above steps)

Now as a result of this, I am not able to bring the characteristic value of the activity based on which the correct block will be assigned. Has anybody else faced this problem? What is the way out?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Operation classification data is not transferred to APO when the PDS gets generated.

Please use  BADI CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN method USE_OPERATION_CLASSIFICATION need to be implemented then the classification for the operation of the task list can be used. This was only supported for class type 018

Please refer OSS note 922424 and sap help link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/f1/bcff41a343c417e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try this out, till the time will keep this thread open.

Thanks again ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

If I use PPM instead of PDS, will this still work?

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think yes it will. Why don't you test the same? All the best.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rupesh,

Thanks a lot! I will try the same as soon as the badi gets implemented.. it is taking some time for authorization etc.

Will definitely test it..

Will close this as soon as it is done..

Thanks again for your help..

former_member522307
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

In order to use block planning in PDS for finished products which are not configurable, but the finished products are assigned with one reference configurable material with Characteristics Value assignments in Material Master MRP3, is this above BAdI CUSLNTRTO_ADDIN with method USE_OPERATION_CLASSIFICATION still needed to be implemented?

Thank you,

Kong

Answers (0)