cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set external numbering for Goods Receipt (for replicated SRM conf)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a confirmaton in srm, the number range generated was the one I assigned in the appropriate SRM transaction type. However, when the document was replicated to my R/3-MM Backend. The number range followed that of the Goods Receipt document.

I looked for ways to assign an external number range (in addition to the existing internal number range) in R/3-MM goods receipt document, however I couldn't find any.

Is there a way to assign an external number range in R/3 Goods Receipt document such that my Confirmation document number in SRM is the same as that of Goods Receipt in R/3-MM.

Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I will have to disappoint you:

In R/3, you do not have any provision to have external number ranges for material documents. DO not suggest any programmatic methods to force external range also..

Best regards

Ramki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramki, is there an OSS note that says something to that effect? Couldn't find any...

Ramki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not remember seeing any OSS note on this. But, even the screen structure does not allow having an external field. You will not see material document number as a field in any 'create' txn in inventory management (see MIGO, MB01 etc):

Best regards

Ramki