cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPM Validity date from PV and On-time fulfillment in CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need some expert advice on how CTM Fulfillment the demand for the below set up.

Below is the set up for PPM Validity date which is coming from ECC PV and Quota in SCM :

Demand starts from Feb 2013 to End of 2014.

Vendor 1 – Quota 50% - PV(PPM Validity) Starts from Oct 2013 Sufficient Capacity available from Oct 2013 Onwards

Vendor 2 – Quota 50 %  PV (PPM validity) starts from Mar 2014 Sufficient Capacity available from Jan 2014 Onwards.

Outcome :

CTM always build 100% order for Test Vendor 1.  This is because CTM looks for a best option to do on-time fulfillment and CTM finds sufficient Capa and PPM validity period is closest to Demand date for vendor 1 , so its ignoring PPM of vendor 2 with validity date higher then vendor 1 and very far from the demand date so its violating the quota its producing 100% at vendor 1.

Is this the Behavior of CTM.

If yes, then how should i produce 50% from my second vendor from above mentioned date.

Regards

Gani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The expected behavior of the CTM is it should use the Vendor 1 for fulfilling all the demands till start of Mar 2014 and after that it should meet the demand by using both the vendors equally.

CTM shouldn't violate the  quota after Mar 2014 since the other PPM is also valid and the capacity is also available.

Did  you check if you have selected to ignore "Quota Arrangements" in Settings >>>MasterData Settings>>>Quota Arrangement ? Remove the check mark for "Quota arrangements" so that CTM can consider it during the planning run.

MItesh