cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use new page in smartforms

0 Kudos

hello friends,

i am using a smartform in which i have created a new page(page 2) ,in my page1 i have made next page as page2 ,but in page2 i cant make next page as page2 bocz page2 does not have main window,so in page2 i have made next page as page1 only.

im not gettin any errors,but only page1 is been displayed,no page2 is displayed,can any1 pls tell me how to use an additional page in a smartform

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

messier31
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Siddhesh,

there is simple method to do so.

1. Your first page say 'PAGE_1' 'with main window is ready. This page points

to say 'PAGE_2' as next page. till here its ok.

2. Now on second page i.e 'PAGE_2' do the following.

a. Copy main windown from 'PAGE_1' ( select node 'PAGE_1 -> right click -

-->copy ')

b. Paste the same main window in 'PAGE_2' ( select node 'PAGE_2' -> right

click -> paste).

c. Set next page for 'PAGE_2' as 'PAGE_2'. (SAP will allow this)..

Thats it u r done.... save activate and test... now your main window on page 1 is filled .. it will display content on page 2 and then on page 3 which is of type page 2...because for page 2 we have set next page as page 2..

Hope this helps you..

Let us know if u have any problem...

Enjoy SAP.

Pankaj Singh.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

just follow this then u can able to see ur second page....

go to ur first page main window ->

right click on that ->

select create ->

select flow loigc ->

select command field then u can give command name, description and enable check box of 'Go to new page' there u can define ur page no(i.e. page 2 or some other page no whichever u wish to see as next page.)

finally save, activate and excute the function module now u can see the second page.

regards..

seshu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

the reason for your problem is the second page is not triggering.. by the system, normally it will trigger when the data in main window is overflowed, but in your case u want the PAGE2 after the fooote node triggered in the table,

the solution for u r probeme is.. to trigger the PAGE2 expicitily,

for this create a COMMAND node after the FOOTER in the table or in the main window, the give GOTO next page PAGE2. by giving some condition if u required.

i wonder how the smartform is not giving the error evethough u don't have the main window in PAGE2

0 Kudos

yeah u got my problem correctly, i wil try to add a condition in footer of my page1 which will allow it jump to page2,anyways for understanding correctly my problem u deserve points!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sidhesh,

give page 2 as next to page 1.

Also give page2 as next page to itself.

you have to necessarily use main window in second page also.

Right click on the main window in the first page and prees copy.

then right click on second page and press paste.

main window will be copied.

If u want to copy any other windows that are to be displayed on every page,follow the sam e procedure to copy the windows.If you want add any extra windows to the second page,u can create them in second page.

Adjust the windows in form painter in page1 and page 2.

hope you are cle ar now.

keerthi

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can view page 2 when the data on Page 1 exceeds the main window also after that you have to press PAge DN on thw main window to view page 2.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

no,wat i meant was tat i have a page1 which will show the header main area n footer and after that i have page2 which will come after the footer is over,but the page2 is not comin.....so wat should i do for page2 which i have created to display?????

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try this -

let gv_test = 'x'

on the First page 1. Put a Command from FLow logic and set 'GO to Page' as the next page say 'page2' ,

2. and in the conditions tab put gv_test = 'x'.

Regards,

Amit