cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between RE - sales and sales and distribution in sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Kindly help me finding the difference between RE - sales and sales and distribution in sap. I am finding it difficult to find out the difference between the two. Apart from business entity, phase, building and sales unit in Re- sales, i am unable to find the difference. Kindly help regarding this.

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa Shah

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Well RE-Sales and SD are two different modules to be linked though their methodology lies in the same. RE-Sales (Flexible Real Estate Management) is completely devoted module for Real Estate.
Some of the basic postulates of SAP RE-FX are :

• Devoted master Data (Business Entity, Building, Rental Objects, Business Partner)
  • Real Estate Contract created against Rental Object and for the Customer
  • Excellent Information system explaining Accounting Specifications,Cashflows,Posting values,Measurements and different status
  • Sales based settlement of contract
  • Service charge Settlement
  • Meter Processing and its charge distribution
  • Accrual and deferral

Additionally RE-FX is a module requiring less operation and maintenance unlike SD.

Hope I could be some help to you!

Regards,
Siddharth Khandelwal

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth, 

Seen your Post. Want to mention SAP RE & SAP RE-FX are two different thing but having lot of similarity and applicable too different business process. So saying RE & RE-FX as same is not correct. 

Thanks, 

Sumeet Sah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sumeet,

I haven't discussed about RE and RE-Fx, rather I am mentioning the differences in the business process of RE-FX and that of SD.

I truly agree with you that RE and RE-Fx are different in processes with a little similarity.

Whatever I have mentioned in my above post is with respect to RE-Fx only as RE ( Classic Real Estate ) is outdated now.

Regards,
Siddharth Khandelwal

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siddharth,

In that case I misunderstood the same, as your post was convening some thing else.

Anyway, Now Its fine

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shilpa, 

B.E, Phase, Lot, Building& sales unit is nothing but the structure of building/tower/wing which you are creating in RE Sales. Once you have created the structure and all stuff which is reqd then you  need to follow the SD route to complete the cycle. In RE we are doing nothing g8 but just building the structure which is reqd by the business.

Thanks,

Sumeet Sah